5 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 6:51 PM by mshapiro99 RSS

Room Assignment Woes

mshapiro99 Gold 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

EVERY time I check into a Marriott after making a reservation and listing the number of stayers, and I choose the option for 2 beds, guaranteed, I am assigned a King Bed (even though I list 2 Adults and 2 Children)? It happened again at the Cleveland Renaissance on Public Square this past weekend, and in Philly before that, and in Pittsburgh.

I need a feather-free room (due to allergies) with 2 beds -- and since I know the hotel could block a room that meets my needs in advance, but chooses not to, why do they bother asking me for what I need? In Philly they gave me a reception room with a Murphy bed and a pull out couch ... in Cleveland they made the Housekeeping Supervisor come to the room at 11PM and make it feather free ...

What magic words do I need to put into my profile to make this as straightforward and easy as possible?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Room Assignment Woes
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Probably nothing as it seems some places pay no attention to a profile what so ever.  I have foam pillows in my profile and can't think of any stay recently where we haven't had to call housekeeping to bring some to the room.

Best thing with the allergy issue might be to call the hotel a few days prior to your arrival and talk with a front desk manager so they can understand the situation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg1974 Gold

my experience has been good when I book up 2 double beds and it is noted as guaranteed. I have similar situation to you, with children the 2 double beds are the better option.

do you have 2 double beds in your marriott profile as your preferred option?

I do have the 2 Doubles marked in my profile ... I guess it will take a phone call, which is what I was trying to avoid .... more hassle for me!

Thanks for the comments!

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I have found that talking to the FDC can also be helpful, done respectfully and informing them of your needs and seeking reasonable response for the feather free and double bed request. On my last hotel stay (last thursday night), the FDC asked me if I really needed a fridge in my room (its in my profile) and I said that since it was a one night stay, I didnt see a need to have one, and he thanked me as he said they were out but would have borrowed one from a close by Renaissance hotel if needed (like storing medicine). My need wasnt for that, so I said no problem and they gave me a nice thank you for being kind and understanding and not making them jump thru hoops. Your requests seem very resonable, are in your profile, so I cannot understand why they wont honor them automatically. Maybe an advance call to the hotel 24-48 hrs before arrival would work? Just my 2 cents from 25 years of travel experiences.

I agree that pre-visit contact is the best course of action. I, too have a fridge in my profile, but only really need it for longer stays. Thanks for the comment.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...