19 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 1:02 PM by anadyr RSS

Mother's Day

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Roger Penn State.jpg

I know that there are cynics out there who say that Hallmark is responsible for the day and the hoopla, but I pause this day to remember and honor my 90 year old mother, who is now in a skilled nursing facility.  Her memory has faded but her spiirit lingers on.  We chat about the old days thought she can't recall what she did at lunch.  In her eyes, now clouded by age, I see a caring mother who stood by me for all my years, never questioning, always supportive, and a mentor for me and my sister.

Happy Mother's Day Mom and many more

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mother's Day
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Anadyr

What a perfect tribute to Mom!  I would echo your response.  My mom passed away a few years ago at the age of 93.  She too, lost her short-term memory, but we could talk for hours about dates she had gone on with my father......

Happy Mothers Day to all Mom's

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

shoeman,

I too would echo your response to anadyr, as well as all others, and their Mom's!

Wow, what they endure for love!

Thanks

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I lost my mother in 2002 after two years in a nursing home after a stroke, I miss her and my Dad so much.  I also echo the response from shoeman1000 to anadyr.  We only get one Mom and Happy Mother's Day to all.

For sure--the best wishes to moms here and departed to.

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Yes, anadyr, who else but our moms would support us in situations even though they knew we would have to learn from our mistakes?  I love the photo you posted; so sweet.  My mother fell and broke her hip last Saturday and it's been a tough week but I try to remember how she's always been there and now it's time to pay back all her patience and kindness!

So true and thanks

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Thanks to Hallmark!

Mom's deserve at least one day all to themselves!

I hope we think of this as more than just one day to honor our Moms--I know that I do.

Here's another more recent shot of my Mom as she celbrated her 90th Birthday.  She was telling everyone that she was 100, and getting lots of compiments on that achievement.  So Happy Mother's Day Mom every day of the year!!!!

DSCN9914.JPG

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Enjoy each moment you have with her anadyr as I'm sure you are doing.

Yes thanks I hope there are many more to savor.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

fishing1.jpgmy mom's favorite spot. She passed away in 2011 at age 95. I miss you mom but thanks for all the fond memories to cherish by the pond.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

madmax,

Thanks for sharing that, and I'm sure if you go fishing there again, you think about her, especailly when you pull in a big one.  I'm sure she's watching tou too.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Thanks. One of my sisters and her husband bought 50 of my mom & dad's 80 acres before Dad passed which left them with 30. when mom passed, each of the three girls got 10 acres. My oldest sister took the 10 with the house as she had already moved in there to help with mom before she passed away, my other sister already had 50 and so added the 10 closest to their land and I was the fortunate one to get the 10 with the pond. Every time I feel the need to be close to her, I can go there and throw in my line. She left quite a few big mouth bass in there for me.What a blessing she was and what a blessing to have that pond to relive the memories and make more with my grandchildren, continuing the legacy.

We have those memories and thanks for sharing them.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

anadyr,

Such a nice picture of her.  She looks like she has a lot of mileage left in her still, and looks happy!

Thanks very much

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Thanks anadyr for posting this and what a lovely mom you have. I appreciate being able to go down memory lane.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...