5 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2013 9:48 AM by iahflyr RSS

Portland, Maine Downtown Residence Inn Informational Help

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown Portland, Maine that might be able offer some information first hand of the hotel and local area?  It looks like a great spot for a fall long weekend so I'm hoping some one will be able to help.

Thank you very much in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Portland, Maine, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront
  • Re: Portland, Maine Downtown Residence Inn Informational Help
    psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Haven't been back up to Portland in a few years but from what I recall, it is only about 1/2 mile or a little less northwest from where there are alot of restaurants, bars and shops in and around the wharf area. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mworker Gold

Hello.

My husband and I and our twin 13 year olds stayed there last summer for 2 nights. Great location. Walked to all the shops and restaurants in downtown Portland and the wharf area. It is a great city to visit. Lots of great restaurants and cute shops. There is a microbrewery next door to the hotel that has a tasting area, great T-shirts and sells several micro beers. You said you were visiting in the fall, so not sure about how cold it will be.  But, we went on a Lucky Catch lobster boat tour. It was alot of fun. You "garb up"  and haul the traps out. The captain sells the lobsters that you catch to you, at a great deal, $5 or $10 each. You then carry them (in your hand) to the restaurant at the top of the pier, Portland Lobster Co. and put them out the counter. For $10.00 they steam them for you and give you corn and fries!!! Lots of fun. We ate at J's Oyster-real neighborhood type place, not fancy but good lobsters. Becky's diner was good diner food, large portions. I would recommend any of the restaurants.  Have a wonderful time!

mworker Gold

oops! Forgot to mention. Take a drive into Elizabethtown, beautiful lighthouse area,not far, about 10-15 minutes.  Hotel itself is good. Your typical residence inn. Very clean, good breakfast. Best part is location-park your car and walk everywhere.

Message was edited by: mworker

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for the great information mworker, it will certainly be useful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...