4 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 5:00 PM by platinumstar RSS

what can i expect from my stay at a vacation club?

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Booked with British Airways holiday to go to Marriotts Playa Andaluza, Spain, arrive tomorrow (Sat) as part of a BA package. I get my BA avios points but the stay doesnt show on my Marriott rewards page and I now know (didnt at the time of the booking) that MRC do NOT upgrade regular rooms (there was no option on the BA holidays website so it was this or nothing, nor was there anywhere to put that I was a Marriott rewards member. As I'm Platinum lifetime, I think I will still get my 500 points welcome gift, but will i get anything else - free internet? Points on spending whilst there? Ive already emailed Marriott concierge on flyertalk some days ago but got no reply. Anyone offer any help please?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: what can i expect from my stay at a vacation club?

by the way, i rang Marriott rewards and asked if my Platiunum status could be put on the reservation made by BA holidays but Marriott said no, they couldnt do anything so put me through to the resort but they werent really that helpful and most definately said i would not be upgraded despite me and friends getting endless invites to go there for next to nothing, have a car thrown in (I dont drive) so that i can sit through their 90 minutes timeshare sales incentive). This may well be the last time i stay at a vacation resort, it seems to be much easier to stay at a regular Marriott resort as the benefits seem to be much clearer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Since Marriott Hotels and Marriott Vacation Club are now separate organizations, don't expect any special treatment.  I'm not sure there ever was at Vacation Clubs, since what you reserve it what you get.  The advantage is the much nicer abode, including kitchen, separate bedroom, dining area, etc.  It's more like an apartment than a hotel room.

superchief1 Platinum

Be sure to provide your Marriott Rewards number at check in. You should get credit for nights stayed toward your qualification for MR status. At most MVC resorts you will earn points for charges at the resort. However, there is no platinum gift option other than the 500 points. There are no CL lounges or suite upgrades, but I don't think that resort has lockoffs so you should be staying in a villa with full kitchen a separate bedrooms. For timeshare stays there is no daily made service, but I'm not sure wheter this is the case at this resort.

I have read excellent reviews for this resort, so you should have a great stay. Since you are not an owner at the resort, you may get a non-preferred villa location. MR status has no impact on your location because owners at the resort and those staying on Marriott Destination club points receive priority. Enjoy your vacation.

Unfortunately, this property does have lock offs and thats exactly what I've got, a small room, ok it has a sink, microwave but its a tiny room and they do not upgrade from this type of room, which when i booked it with BA holidays, there was this type of room or nothing. It has 3 lovely swimming pools with nobody in them, the hotel tell me its against spanish law to heat pools unless by solar power. Lovely property though but with 1 expensive restaurant and small supermarket - again very expensive. All they appear to be interested in is getting me to go and pick up my free gift of a bottle of wine etc to visit the timeshare desk, which im not interested in. Would not come back here again, Im from the Uk and i think the style. service and prices in the USA are much better, so thats where i shall continue to go in future.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...