71 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 7:19 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Alien forces have taken over, maybe

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is it just me being paranoid or does Marriott seem to have been taken over by forces, perhaps from another universe?  Given the spate of negative things that are happening it might be so.  I've checked Snopes and there's no post yet on this, but then maybe they have the power to block that too. And I guess that those strange objects hovering over the Marquis a few weeks ago were indeed construction cranes, maybe?

Here's a plea to the forces holding Marriott hostage--please bring back the user friendly Marriott we know and love and all will be forgiven.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: Alien forces have taken over, maybe
    erc Platinum

This type of post is what provides creative inspiration to artists like Alanis Morrissette

A career intelligence veteran researching Snopes. Ha - the cranes story is probably a ruse of yours to throw us off of those Area 51 vehicles over the Marquis.

Andy, did ask though, through a private message, "what's the frequency Kenneth?", so maybe you're onto something.

Twilight Zone Opening THEME MUSIC 1962 Rod Serling - YouTube

Message was edited by: communitymanager

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ERC:

Snopes is "our" site, and is engaged posting fallacious information to keep everyone guessing.  And as you've noticed I frequently change my handle here (Monterey Man, Stepping Stones, and now Anadyr) to prevent being tagged by the "other side."  Dan Rather was one of us too, but as you've seen he's now somewhere out in space with the aforementioned Kenneth.

If you follow the TV show Person of Interest Thursdays on CBS, you've seen what "the machine" can do.  In this case we need the machine to right the Marriott Ship.

Have to go now, the Roswell folks are calling on a secure line.

This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds....

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

There are no secure lines with the Marriott Ship lurking, they're everywhere!

I am using my bat phone, which is secure.

erc Platinum

I feel bad for iahflyr, he didn't get the memo, us on the coasts are for the most part protracted, oops, Arne just auto corrected - protected.

LOL, I'm always looking in from outside.

We are in the words of a famous person I know, ,merely prawns (and I thought those were large freshwater shrimp?) in the chessboard of life.  May the force be with us all.

24 is coming back so I will be fully enployed again!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Indeed so!  I love Person of Interest, so I think someone has to stop Marriott from murdering themselves. Mr. Finch and Mr. Reese need to spring into action...

Sadly when their number comes up they are too busy to be contacted!

erc Platinum

Oops, so that any conspiracy theorists out there don't go wasting a bag of cheetos and a clean pair of tighty whities - the edit was the removal of a picture of Ms. Morrisette.

No doubt a copyright thing, which I've got no problem with, I'm always unclear on what can go, so I easily defer to Andyman (although I guess I'll be hearing from Mr. Serling's heirs - I'll buy them off with some SpringHill waffles, no problemo).

Ok, diving back into the Marriott matrix taking on the ol' rocket scientist pricing expert. Some great deals at DC Marriotts and Renaissances (Mayflower $119 12/30 thru 1/2) during the holiday season (12/19- 1/2), even better if you have the courage to pre-pay. Come on out, NathalieF and michellel2 are treating at HQ!

As far as photos go they are almost always copyrighted and not available for use without written permission from the holder, which is next to impossible to get without a fee and a credit line.  Take it from a former offender who knows!!!

Marriott Associate Member

One caveat - our cafeteria is closed for renovation until sometime in mid-June, so if you come to town beforehand, we'll have to eat off food trucks with us in our parking lot...not that there's anything wrong with that!

michelle

erc Platinum

Oh man, look at you pounding away at the keyboard on Sunday night, on Mother's Day no less, what a trooper.

Ok, I'm swinging by during the Christmas holidays after my trip to Hawaii, I'll bring you a lei from kharada46 , or at least Party City. I don't know about that wacky liberal state of Md., but in Va., Christmas is in December, so the cafeteria will be all spiffy and you'll have enough advance notice to arrange for some mighty mo's, teen twists, and Pappy Parker fried chicken. I'll bring the Orange Freeze and we'll toast the good ol' days. Happy Mother's Day

there was Hot Shoppes. This one probably meets the copyright rules

PS - this was my 1,000th post - how appropriate

Marriott Associate Member

1,000 - wow, that's awesome!  But there won't be a whole lot more in your future if you continue to eat meals like that, my friend [insert nagging finger shake].  Regardless, we'll be ready to clog your arteries come December, and can probably whip up a few Orange Freeze's too.  As a Detroit native, I don't have any history with this stuff, so you'll need to do the reminiscing for all of us.

Sent with motherly love from my lunchtime keyboard pounding, as I snack on grilled chicken and lentil chips.  Gack.  Pass the onion rings, stat!

I love food trucks of the gourmet variety Michelle.

superchief1 Platinum

I wish they would have food trucks for breakfast at all of the Courtyard hotels that have the Bistro. I'm sure it would be faster, more reasonable, and tasty. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

superchief,

Wow, that is a great statement!

That would require me to try the food trucks if that happened!  Maybe the food trucks will "Target" Cy's!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Superchief,

Hearty belly laugh out loud.  Thanks so much for that!  (Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read it!)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hey,

Food carts are our favorite way to eat, both in Olympia and Mexico

Better to have to the cart before the horse(meat) I always say.

amadyr,

Have never eaten at one!  Nor had (Horse) meat, to my knowledge.  I just remember all the references to:

"Roach Coach" and "Maggot Wagon", and that was enough to keep me away.

But that was also in the day, when you got the upgrades without having to "Pay for them".  The world has sure changed.

Amen Jerry.  But food trucks are the rage in SF and NY and other places. I have rated a few for Zagat--we'll see if they use my bon mots!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Yup.  they are actually the rage throughout the country.  In fact, you can go to websites in any city and find where the food trucks will be at any given time. 

Some of the best food trucks are in downtown Portland, Oregon.

Names and places please IAH

How did I know you'd ask me that? The food we've eaten was on Alder St. between SW 10th and 11th.  I can only recall two of them, this place has some of the best Thai food I've ever had http://khaomangai.com/ and for some outstanding Italian food you have to find Built to Grill on SW Washington St.

There are plenty of carts all across "The Rose City" http://www.portlandneighborhood.com/portland-food-carts.html

Not sure how we got here from there, but since Thai food has been referred to I will say with heartfelt enthusiasm that the best Vietnamese food can be had in Paris.

anadyr,

They are very popular in STL, to the point many places are trying to do away with them!

The public can't get enough of them, but I have never tried them.

Thanks!

Pho forever Jerry.

anadyr,

Headed for The Royal Horseguards tomorrow for dinner!

Will dine at the "One Twenty One Two", will have pictures.  Tonight had a very memorable meal at The Ritz!

SG, saved me a bundle by using the coupon he suggested.  It was a wonderful place to enjoy fine food, service, music and atmosphere.  Booked another dinner there on Thursday night!

That's where MRI really makes it special.  SG is coming over Wed. night for a "Refreshment"!  We will hit the CL!

Professor, will get some pictures!

Have a great time--if there are any MI6 types thereabout say hello for me, OK?

anadyr,

Will do!

Will try to have some new photo's soon!

anadyr,

Forgot to tell you about a wonderful show I saw on BBC 4 late last night.  (Normally, I am not a BBC guy, but this was exceptional"

"Love, Me Do, 1962"!

I don't know if it can be found on the internet or not but it was more that a "Beatle" story, it was about life and society in 1962, and was "Captivating".  Worth a view if you have a chance!

I just love to sit up late, watch the Thames, hear "Big Ben", and enjoy a wonderful hotel!

Location Brand Hotel
                            London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall

Enjoy and have a great time.  One of my favorite shows was BBCs "Postman Pat," a story of a postman for the Royal Mail aimed at kids but obviously a sweet spot for me!

Jerry,

Great to hear you're having such a great time.  I love to hear of other's trips this time of year, when we stay housebound with things and work to do.  It gives us more reason to dream of the fall vacation.  Keep letting us know.  I sometimes read a lot of the postings but don't make as much time to respond, until I get a chance to "come up for air".

tryt,

The weather here is not good, but that is not stopping one from an enjoyable time!

The great news is that both SG and Chrisf, are coming by early tomorrow evening!  We can all share some MRI "Tales and laughs"!

Will keep you posted!

Jerry,

That will be really neat.  I wish I was there too Please do keep us posted and put up a picture or two!

tryt,

I hope to have a "Real Schedule" put together for 2014!

Thanks for the interest!  I am having a "Hard time" keeping track of MRI "Real Names" and their "MRI" names!  But really respect peoples privacy as well!

Hope to have some pictures of The Royal Horseguard's Hotel soon, (Thanks Anadyr!), am having dinner there tonight!

Then tomorrow, back to Harrod's and then get with 2 other great MRI.  What a day!

We can always plan for the coming year.  Let's pick a date and get it going,

anadyr,

I think about it everyday!

Have already got, these as places, I hope to get to in 2014!

Maine

Charlotte

WDC

New Orleans

Houston

Fairfield/Burlington, IA

Monterrey

Wine County, CA

Portland

Seattle

Pittsburgh

London

Paris

Honolulu

That sounds a little "Ambitious", but I know it could be done!  It will take a few months to really "Put it all together"!  I hope I have not left anyplace out!  If I did please let me know!

I think the folks at Marriott should help defray our costs--perhaps covering our airfare and hotels?  Community Manager, can you make that happen?

I vote for Paso Robles CA, a great viticultural area near us here in Monterey.  And there are several CYs nearby.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Now that sounds ambitious

I like you enthusiasm CM!!!  Please start the ball rolling.

anadyr,

When I indicated "Wine Country", that is to get "Pluto" involved.  I am really not sure where she is!

Is the Horse Guards formal!  I am counting on it, but getting quizzed by the "Better half", and I don't want to "Overdress"!

Thanks!

My time there was coat and tie, but I hear that business casual is now the norm.

Thanks,

anadyr, will go with coat and tie!

RE,

Jerry

Jerry,

Like the saying, "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere," one can also just about say anymore, "It's Wine Country Somewhere."  In California, seems like just about everywhere!

But Anadyr is right, there are some really great vineyards in Paso.

Pluto,

Just wanted to find a vineyard that some us could gather, and I buy you that taco I owe you!

Taco Bell, is probably all I can afford after what I have spent at Marriott this year.  I am just counting on anadyr, getting that "Private jet" next year!  It will make our travel a lot easier.  I think he will get it for us, and we can really get more than just one taco at Taco Bell!

Jerry,

I would make sure to try and meet you in either Portland or Seattle, since I am half way between both.  I'd also give it a shot for California and make a wine trip while we see anadyr and others down there.  I'm looking forward to it!

Tim

Alas, I have eaten horsemeat, although not willingly.  It was when I was living in Paris in the mid-80s I was fed it when I began living with my Parisian family.  I was also forced to eat a small bit of rabbit (as small as I could -- I fed the dog under the table) as well as duck.  Mind you, I am a gourmet cook and love food, but I cannot eat animals I've had for pets (all the time I had cats, but part of the time I had rabbits and ducks growing up).  Philosophically I'm a vegetarian, but as I found out in my 20s when I became a vegetarian for two years -- no surprise this part -- that I hated vegetables and fruit with only minor exceptions.  I existed on yogurt and eggs for almost the entire time until giving up.  So I do eat beef, fish, and turkey, but am not keen on chicken.  The fish part is fairly easy -- they are not warm-blooded. As for beef, I figure it takes a whole lot of people to eat the meat from one cow.  But eating a chicken makes me queasy because it somehow makes me think I've done in a whole animal soul all by myself.

Now I know you think I'm strange!  But I'd never be able to give up beef or seafood. I was skin and bones (ha) during my vegetarian phase, which happily is no longer the case .

ProfChiara

Professor,

I too have had some "Cheve", especially in places that substituted it for beef in hamburgers.  It is different, and it stopped me from ordering "Hamburger" for many years in Europe.

Today, I think most places serve beef, when they call it "Hamburger"!

Hi Jerry,

Actually the good thing is that in France there was actually an uproar that led long ago to the labeling so that you could actually know it was boeuf.  Since at that time I mostly was cooking at home in Paris, that particular transition was important to me.  I know there are cow people out there, and I apologize.  But I just can't think of domesticated or even somewhat domesticated animals in the same way that I see animals that are essentially raised for dairy, cheese, and yes meat, in the same way. I am a hypocrite, I admit it.  I cannot eat a cute animal.

professor,

Leave that kind of dining to people like NUhusker and me.  We "Know what we are doing, eating cute animals"!

Have not had any "Baa'd" lamb lately either!

professor,

I guess the only other person that "Liked a lamb, it's fleece as white as snow, beside me, was Mary"!

Jerry and Professor,

I donated blood last week for the first time in quite a while (ashamed to say, and really don't know why I don't do it more often... ).  Anyway, it took 5 times longer for the screening than it did to actually donate the blood.  Why?  I had to tell them my entire travel history.  Where have you been?  When?  For how long?  Good night!  Who knew that donated blood could be so hard.  It took forever, and when I asked why all the travel questions, the answer was - mad cow disease.  And the two countries of most concern were the UK and France.  I was afraid they were going to turn me away!  If I ever decide that I want to continue with this civic practice, I think I should type up a travel log and keep it in my wallet as a time saver.

When I tried I was turned down due to a case of malaria and chagas disease back in the last century!  Oh well, I guess I am not the universal donor after all.

How true.  If horsemeat was the worse I'd ever eaten, I'd be happy

Our food truck makes the best rico tacos!  $1.50 each, and quite healthy.

You're too much. "I come in peace"

Nice to see that you are actually here, Andy.  Sometimes I guess it seems you've gone "to the mattresses," as it were.

Present and accounted for, give or take a those inevitable meetings.

Good news--please recall that we are a community and you, as the community manager, are an integral part.  I just noted, perhaps incorrectly, that we'd not heard much from you lately. Great to hear from you as we approach the weekend.

Been a productive week actually, including a maintenance release . Anadyr, I know we've been in touch a few times already, but if something is inadvertently missed or buried in a thread, feel free to share it with me, @mention me, or send me a direct message.

Nope, being a simple person with simple needs, I have had all my questions answered, and some answered that I had not even thought of!  I just wish we could reach closure on some issues:  Shampoo-gate for example, and upgrade-gate for another.  But I understand we cannot always get what we want (aka the Rolling Stones) when we want it.

All is good.  Thanks for asking

Roger

curiousone Platinum

Is the "maintenance release" the reason that IE stopped working with MRI? I can only create and reply in Firefox, not IE.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...