11 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 12:57 PM by iahflyr RSS

Marriot now Telemarketing......what next- Infomercials

CREST Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just got a call from their vacation club- marketing arm......Marriott came up on my caller ID at home so I answered it-.......They wanted to sell me a 4 day 5 mite stay at any Marriott Vacation club for $199.99 plus which buys you a 1 yr certificate.  They reduced it from 399.99 or something like that.  Sounds interesting but they were a little pushy.  When I asked a few questions- the girl I spoke to put me on hold and a manager comes on and state he accidentally click of my page- asked my name and then continued his hard sell.  There were additional dollar per night- and so on.

I guess my point is why not just offer a good deal the first time?  You know I am a member, you have my name and then you try to push a hard sell with no obligation.  Until you ask and then thee is a 90 minute meting on your last day.  That's fine but treat me with some respect and just tell me the details without having to ask.

I wanted to say can you cheek me in and out 5 separate times to get all 5 stays but of course its a special so you don't get stays.

Come on guys- I feel like I am being played by used car salesmen.   No ofence to those who sell cars-

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriot now Telemarketing......what next- Infomercials
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Crest

TeleMarketers are surely annoying.  No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to get rid of them.  I am on the national do-not-call list, but still get bothered on my cell phone and land line.

Regarding this particular issue, I have never been bothered by Marriott Vacation Club, but have been bothered numerous times from Hilton and Starwood Vacation Clubs.  I wish they would leave me alone......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I get tons of robo calls.  they fill my answering machine when I am away.  I might have the same one leaving more than one LOOOONG message in a day.  I heard that many of these come from outside the country and they can't make laws to stop this.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I've gotten calls from the Marriott Vacation Club in Myrtle Beach before.  Once when I was staying at the Marriott hotel next door to the vacation club I decided to take one of the preview tour's because I was curious about their amenities. Several months later I got several telemarketing calls from them offering me a discounted rate if I attended a sales presentation during my stay. 

I got woke up the first morning I was at an Orlando property.  They must not have looked where I lived.  They called about 6am my time.  Needless to say, they didn't get a sale.  I complained about the wake up to the front desk.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I have only had the Marriott telemarketing calls when I've booked a stay at a Marriott Vacation Club, not otherwise and I want to keep it that way.

Like you shoeman1000 we are also on the national no call list with both cellphones and home.  I can always tell immediately when it's time to renew that because we get a call or two and I always tell them we are on the no call list and if they ever call back I'm calling the State Attorney General with their number, then instantly head to the computer to renew the no call information.  We are also on the Texas no call list which seems to eliminate all of the nuisance of telemarketing in our home.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

IAHFLYER

Thanks for the useful info!

I am on the do not call lists too and I still get them.  I have renewed and that didn't slow them down.  I used caller ID to not pick up calls that I am not sure who is calling and have had some keep calling back every 10 min till I pick up.  Many have something where you press 7 or whatever to be removed from the list and that doesn't work either.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I used to get them but have found that politely telling them to put you on the Do Not Call list works most of the time, even with Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I have tried many a time to tell these telemarketers who call that I am on the 'Do Not Call' list. That list is a joke. So, after countless efforts to be nice to these astronomically 'pushy' and bothersome folk, I have finally found a solution:

When I answer the phone and they ask for me or my wife (at least I think they're asking for us since they have no clue how to say the name) I just say, 'Yep, they're right here...hold on'...........and I put the phone down......and never go back to it. When I get near it again sometime later in the day or evening and pick it up they've always hung up. Hmmm. Guess they couldn't wait .

I actually had some nitwit call me back one time and tell me I must have forgotten they were waiting ...so I told him again to 'hold on' ........well, they never called again. Guess they got the message on the second try.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...