4 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 9:46 AM by bighead RSS

Transfer MR to a co-worker

bighead Gold
Currently Being Moderated

A co-worker of mine would like to transfer all of his Marriott Rewards points to me.  Is this possible within the Rules?

Thanks

Greg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transfer MR to a co-worker
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Hi,

Your co-worked can gift the points to you but it costs $12.50 per thousand to do so as I understand under the rules for gifting points. Transferring points are only allowed to spouses and only the amount needed for the travel planned.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

madmax,

It's my understanding the $12.50 per thousand points only applies if someone is purchasing points either for themselves or someone else.  If a Rewards member already has points they would like to give to another Rewards member then there should be no fee in gifting.  Here is a copy and link to the term and conditions:

Gifting Points

1. A member may purchase or receive as a gift a combined maximum of 50,000 points per calendar year.
      2. Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000.
      3. Purchase rate is 12.50 (USD) per 1,000 points.
      4. Please allow 24-48 hours for transaction to be completed and points awarded to recipient.
      5. You must be a Marriott Rewards member in good standing to both purchase and receive points.
      6. Once points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
      7. Purchasing points with the Marriott Rewards Visa® card will result in earning one point per dollar spent on these transactions.

Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Well bighead I guess I gave you incorrect information. I have read that information many times and always interpreted it to say it cost to gift points. I was thinking on the lines of airline miles which cost a friend of mine when he transferred miles to me and figured they were the same I guess. I apologize for leading you astray. Thank you vaboywnder for clearing up the situation.

bighead Gold

Thanks for all the info.  I am going to give this a shot and report back.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...