2 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2013 3:45 PM by ab3i RSS

COMPANY BOOKING-NOT REWARDED TO PERSON USING SERVICE

cgtapia Member
Currently Being Moderated

I had recently stayed at the Marriott Residences in Vaughan Ontario for a business contract from July 9, 2012 to March 15, 2013. As suggested by the reception employee I had signed up for the Marriott Rewards hoping that there would be rewards for my lengthy stay. However to my disappointment I was later emailed that I was not eligible to receive the rewards for my stay because the Credit card used for my booking was not my own but a company card. Other companies reward the actual users of the service and not the payee. Is this the reasonable? I am not looking for freebies but in my opinion I should have been rewarded something for my stay.

Thank you,

Ctapia

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: COMPANY BOOKING-NOT REWARDED TO PERSON USING SERVICE
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Sounds odd.  I have seen where rates or booking types do not allow for points.  Third party bookings often do not count either.  I had a company card for years and logged almost 900 nights with Marriott in that time, almost every night paid for with that company provided card.  Now I booked online via Marriott.com and presented the card in person each time and used standard rates.  Maybe there's more to the story that the actual card used they aren't telling you?  Was your email from the property or Marriott Customer Service?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: COMPANY BOOKING-NOT REWARDED TO PERSON USING SERVICE
    ab3i Platinum 4 Reviews

I can think of three possible scenarios under which the property will not reward you any points

1. The company card is not in your name, but in the company's name. I use a corporate AMEX for all of my business stays, but these are generally issued in the the employee's name and not in the company's name. This can easily be verified by you, and if the card is not in your name then the property could potentially try and deny giving you the points. This has happened with me on a couple of instances when i went for a meeting and the room was booked by my employer under a group code and card and not under my name and my corporate card
    2. Some companies have an agreement with providers where the points/miles etc. are awarded to the company instead of the employee (regardless of the card / group code being used). These points/miles go into a company account and is used for business travel. Some consulting companies do this to sponsor travel for their employees that is for internal meetings and can not be billed directly to the client
    3. Some companies have an agreement with providers where their employees do not get points/miles etc. in exchange for a preferred (lower) rate. This is sort of similar to booking through third party sites, where you get a hotel room for a lower rate (in this case to your employer/client), but in exchange the property denies you any points.

I am definitely interested in knowing what (if any) resolution comes of this. best of luck, keep us posted.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...