4 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 11:29 AM by californian RSS

AMEX Membership Rewards Offer

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I received a pretty enticing offer from AMEX Membership Rewards and British Airways the other day in the mail.  Transfer Membership Rewards points to a BA Avios account and get a 35% bonus added to what you transfer.  That offer to me is fairly robust and one that I'm going to take advantage of before the June 7th deadline.  Don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of long flights on U.S. domestic carriers such as UA (where all my miles are bundled) and want to try carriers such as BA and see their offerings.

Anyone else get that same offer and what plans if any do you have to transfer points?rrr

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: AMEX Membership Rewards Offer
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I flew first class on BA last year using AA miles.  The costs in taxes and fees were close to $1000 more than if I flew AA.  I kept trying to get on an AA flight but was not able to do so.  It cost more in taxes and fees than if I purchased an economy ticket.  I also found the planes were older and not near as comfortable as the new AA planes.  Their seats were really old too.

I will try to never fly them again so if I get the offer, I would not take it.  Also, when in the Avios program, the cost in Avios depends on the miles flown and from what I saw, tends to be a whole lot more than the miles programs.

I guess you can see that I really don't like BA.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

californian,

That is great information!

Have never flown BA, but will really have to look at the choices before I would!

Thanks!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great information californian, I just don't want old anything that involves an airplane.  Good thing I have yet to transfer anything and today I got the same AMEX offer using Air France/KLM.  MMMM

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

The American 777s are all new and each first class seat costs $40K.  I showed a picture in another thread.  The seats on BA were just recovered to look fresh but felt old.  The taxes and fees come from the British government.  I found that if I can connect else where it saves a bundle.  If I am going to London, you just have to pay but it is still higher on BA.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...