4 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2013 4:26 PM by ab3i RSS

Gifting a Hotel Stay

j Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am premier platinum and have purchased and gifted a night in a hotel for a friend.  I have put the reservation in the friend's name but made the reservation under my membership number.  Will my friend be eligible to my platinum perks such as free wifi and late check-out? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gifting a Hotel Stay
    thor Gold 13 Reviews

Good question.  I too would like to gift a stay for my in-laws as well but didn't know I could reserve it under their name but into my account.  I wondered too if they would benefit from my Gold membership like comp breakfast and etc.

By the way, I'm fairly new to the system and glad I can get answers and tips on here.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

j & Thor,

Technically the answer is no.  The platinum member is supposed to be present in order to receive the benefits.  However I have made reservations for family members in the past with their name under my account and they were able to receive platinum perks without me being present.  Most likely it depends on the individual property and whether or not they decide to enforce the policy.

taxman415 Platinum

My past experience has been the same as vaboywnder... Good luck...

ab3i Platinum 4 Reviews

in my experience it depends on the property, in the 5 or so times i have gifted a night/stay to a friend, there was only one instance in which the property did not extend them platinum benefits.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...