2 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 4:18 PM by rtkjvk RSS

Upgrade travel package

rtkjvk Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are MVCI owners and have purchased a travel package for 50,000 airlines miles and a category 6 hotel stay. We were able to change our hotel to a category 8 which was not available when we planned out trip and since our certificate was worth 120,000 points I thought we could just add 40,000 points to stay at a category 8. However, we are now told that we have to add 50,000 points because the package went from 180,000 to 230,000. With no change in airlines miles, why would this be? pac

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upgrade travel package
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Rtkjvk,

Which travel package did you use?  The cost of a cat. 6 - 7 night, 50K miles travel package varies from 230,000 - 280,000 points depending on the package (which airline you use).  180,000 of those points are put towards the cat. 6 - 7 night stay.  A cat. 8 - 7 night stay is 240,000 points, so you would need to add 60,000 points.  It sounds like perhaps we're not referring to the same packages.  Here is the link to the travel package webpage that I am referencing: Flight and Hotel Packages | Marriott Hotel Packages

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upgrade travel package
      rtkjvk Gold 1 Reviews

We used a 5 night package for MCVI owners, 50,000 airline miles and a category 6 hotel stay for 180,000 points. 120,000 of those points were for the hotel. I have since looked and see that the 5 night package for a category 8 hotel and 50,000 airlines miles is 230,000 points with 160,000 going toward the hotel stay and they are requiring the difference in the package price rather than the actual hotel stay. Thanks for your help!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...