8 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2013 11:28 AM by klaus29 RSS

Can points be used on packages with airfare.

gamoto Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can points be used to book packages that include airfare?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Can points be used on packages with airfare.
    erc Platinum

Welcome aboard gamoto. As we have all learned, when it comes to travel packages, tker is the guru.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/79550#79550   

Go to his blog.   http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/people/tker/blog/2012/10/20/travel-package-overview

Review that. Check the links to the right under the orange title (once you are on the blog/link above), More Like This and then after a review of everything, dive in with a specific question and you should be able to put something together that optimizes your travel plans.

In general, regarding your question elsewhere about the best use of points, my advice would be, not to rush. The point charge increase (especially given your balance) is immaterial vs. making a bad decision. The real rush is for folks wanting to cash in a Category 4 certificate on properties that will move out of the range into a Category 5 on May 16th.   Also, when you do plan your stays, don't forget to consider the 5 nights on points for the price of 4, still one of the last vestiges of the 'good old days'.

Be sure to pay it forward with some good ideas on hiking or sailing or ideas about your other favorite spots. Happy trails.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gamoto Gold

Thanks! - I really feel stupid for not having been a more educated customer and I am still not clear on what the actual program changes are (suppose that serves me right for deleting all those emails I probably considered to just be SPAM Promos).

After 9/11 I bailed on NYC and now live on the border of Acadia National Park - if you have not already visited here I highly recommend you do it ASAP and you will have your self a new "happy place" to escape to  - Maine is a great state of mind!    We hike or snow shoe or x-country ski the trail and carriage road system year-round and it NEVER gets old as with each passing season each trail becomes new again with the characteristics and wild life movements of each changing season.

I have been surfing the Marriot site since posting this and found some great looking properties in Thailand which make it look like we could criss-cross the county of the course of two weeks.  Do you happen to know if Marriott still allows you to convert points into a coupon book of Marriott dollars?

klaus29 Silver

when you cam to Thailand, Malaysia,or iIdonesia  i think i can help you..  but  not  for China
    , i never been  there.   have a nice trip

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...