4 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2013 6:15 PM by californian Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Session time out and replying from email notifications

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Shoeman,

I have been complaining for a long time about the lack of organization.  Adding baseball made it worse.  The reviews are not organized.    If one writes a review and gives it a title, often it has nothing to do with the location.  I did one on Fairbanks, stating nice location (or something like this).  If one is looking at new posts they have no idea till they open it that I am reviewing Fairbanks.  Unless one is planing to go or thinking about it or just looking for ideas, they would have no need to open it.

So much is is posted and I am not going to open them all to see if they are of interest to me.

There are still many site problems like "session timed out".  I can be working and go to a new post and it makes me sign in again.

The site has become burdensome as well as less interesting.  It is supposed to be a travel site and that is my interest.  I am willing to help others when I have knowledge and would like help when I am planning to go where I have not been.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Session time out and replying from email notifications
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Yes.  And I hate the sign in process when trying to respond to a post.

After signing in, you're taken to the home site.  Then if you want to go to MI, you have to click on that.  Then, you either have to find the post you want to respond to or go back to the original notification and click on "Reply to this message by going to Marriott Rewards® Insiders".

If one tries to respond without this order and just going to the "Reply to........", there is still no "reply" button by which to reply.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Ah yes, that pesky session sign out page. I wish I could snap my fingers to whip that page into shape but I can offer a few alternate workarounds.

So sticking with your scenario: you get an email notification and click "reply to this message" but you're taken to the session sign out page.

option 1 - if you go back to the email and instead click on either the name of the post or "view the full discussion" link, you can sign in directly from the thread itself, and then click the reply link

option 2 - you can sign directly into the community by going to marriottrewardsinsiders.com. Then once you're signed into your Insiders profile, you can see each notification in your Communications page and reply to any comment that peaks your interest.

I just got the session timed out.  Put my password in.  It took me to the Marriott site.  Clicked in Insiders.  Went back to e-mail and clicked on view..., I was not signed in.  I had to do it again.  This has gotten old.

Even if I do this, it doesn't always work.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...