Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 4:43 PM by madmax Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Property names with Reviews seen from Activity feed

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Andy

Could you guys either reverse the hotel review sections, moving the reviewed hotel segment to the top of the review and the narrative underneath OR to make it a computer requirement (like with a line to fill in) for the reviewers to place the hotel name in the review, so that it shows up when an interested Insider scrolls through the Activity list. Currently, even reading the 'preview' does not provide the property name. This allows the Insider to read reviews of interest to them rather than all of the 'hunt and pecking' necessary. Thanks.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: Bertie took the time and effort to write up reviews, but fewer might read them due to not knowing what is being reviewed (multiplied by all of the other reviews);

Armpit Room

It's Okay

Compared to Insider of the Year, Pluto's reviews, just as valuable, but clearly labelled.

Renaissance La Defense, Paris France

Springhill Suites Corona Riverside, CA
San Diego Marriott La Jolla, CA - Nice Stay

thank you - no reply necessary  - like Yoda said, there's do or do not, there is no try (except in marriage )

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Property names with Reviews seen from Activity feed
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

There must be a way for an auto-correct in a post that seeks key words and then ask if you want them to be posted as tags/\. Gosh that's a Google--what a concept!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

thank you - no reply necessary  - like Yoda said, there's do or do not, there is no try (except in marriage )

LOL, right you are my friend.

In each of those examples, the hotel-specific information is intentionally located below the individual review for context. Because as you said, those samples are each one review for a specific hotel and they're each one opinion. But within that hotel information is a blue button to "See all Reviews", that take you to a page for that specific hotel and shows all its reviews which you can sort or filter through however you’d like. And each hotel already has one of these pages.

Here's an example of a hotel page with multiple reviews:

London Marriott Hotel County Hall

You’ll get to these pages in one of two ways; if you go to the “Hotel Reviews” section, enter a city and select a hotel, or if you read a review from the activity feed and click “See all reviews” as I just mentioned.

erc Platinum

1) Thank you for responding

2) Yes, if I want to see all of the New Orleans Marriott reviews - that is the way to go see them and I often do that, a good planning tool

Now, riddle me this batman;

What if I don't know I want to read about the Sydney Marriott, but a review pops up and my peabrain says to itself, "hey knucklehead weren't you and the Mrs. considering a trip to Australia while you still know what a kangaroo is?"  Why yes, we were; I'm glad this review with the title of the property showed up, triggering that thought. So I jump right in, read the review, get all jazzed up about Australia and then push the little blue button that says, "See All Reviews" and off we go, planning our next trip.

As a fellow DC resident you know the DMV story about the guy who goes to renew his license, gets scolded for not having the paperwork completed, says he faxed it to them, DMV replies that they don't use the fax, the guy asks well why do you give out a fax number? and DMV says, "we provide that as a courtesy".

I'm ok with the current system as is, I really wasn't much of a fan of shrimp on the barbie anyway. I've got to get back to booking my pre-May 16th category 4 killers. Chat with you later on other topics.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This has been my complaint too.  When looking at the activity, you don't know what the thread is and what it is reviewing.  We can't read through all.  Too much clutter, discourages many from looking through.  Andy said this would be corrected in the next release coming soon.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I share everyone's frustration.  That's why I only use the name and location of a property as my title.  It may seem redundant, but necessarily so, as it's functionally descriptive.  Nebulous titles like "It's Okay" in a news feed (recent activity feed) are not.  The name/location of the property would be much better.  Not picking on the author or title of "It's Okay."  I'm just pointing out that the name/location of the hotel property is what should show up as the title in the recent activity feed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...