9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 1:58 PM by iahflyr Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Organizing reviews of hotels

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to see a "Tripadvisor" type of review.  They are organized.  I would prefer to get information from MIs since I find the information more accurate.  We all have similar experiences to compare to.  Since this has not taken place, I still use Tripadvisor.  What takes the cake is that if one posts on Tripadvisor, Marriott responds but does not on this site.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Organizing reviews of hotels
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

californian,

You are exactly right.  TripAdvisor is where I go to look for where to stay and where to eat nowdays, and even the Marriott hotels are figuring that out.  I think they respond there, because they see how many people are looking at those reviews.  Also, on TripAdvisor, I can research restaurants and things to do at the same time.  It's almost impossible to do that on the MI site.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Try,

This is what I keep complaining about.  No organization.  So much really good information is posted and unless you know it is there you can't find it.  it would be nice to enter a location and see all posts on that location.  Better if one could pull up hotels, food, things to do, etc.

The other thing is that Marriott is non-responsive to negative remarks made here but very responsive to the sites like Tripadvisor.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I would like to see a "Tripadvisor" type of review.

If you mean a sortable view of all reviews for the property, you can get that view by going to The specified item was not found.. Once you select the specific hotel, you'll see all the reviews and information related to that hotel. here's an example: Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel

Alternatively, you can truly browse all hotels: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/threads?filterID=all%7Eobjecttype%7Eobjecttype[1768099753]

Andy,

We do know that you listen and are trying but it seems like things move slow as with Marriott.

What many are complaining about is we have to sort through many clutter type posts when we click on activity.  Sometimes several pages to see any thing of interest.

I think hotel reviews should go into that section and maybe an entry in the activity section stating that a review of a certain hotel has been added.  The titles are not telling us that it is a review much less the hotel being reviewed.

As many said the baseball was not good for many and discouraged us from using the site.  It should have had a separate link that all would go under.  One entry saying that a baseball post was added.  Likewise for other non travel things.  As stated before I come here for travel info.

I would like to click on activity and quickly see what is of interest.  It is bad when you have pages of baseball and maybe a few of interest tucked in that most of us miss.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very well put californian. The name and location of the hotel reviewed should definitely be visible when you click on activity or when you are in the review section, http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/threads?filterID=all~objecttype~objecttype[701289643] .

NathalieF  Click on the link that Iahfley posted in the above and tell me how helpful this is!  Who is going to take the time to read each.  Again, much good info is probably here but who is to know.  No organization!

No arguments here... that is a list of each individual review and why we don't use that url. We did however make theThe specified item was not found. section where you can find a specific hotel to read or write a review, or you can see how other hotels are rated within the same location.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yes you did and yes you can however; if I want to just peruse hotel reviews I can't without putting in the location rather than being able to see what has recently been reviewed and what may spark and interest for a future location I may never have thought of going to visit.

All great points, and I'm happy to report that with our next maintenance release (in just a few days) we'll be adding the hotel name to the review itself. So when you see a review in recent activity, you'll know which hotel it is. Not a novel idea, but we hear ya!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...