4 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 7:20 AM by erc RSS

2013 Freddie Awards

miyagi Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Congratulations are in order for a near sweep of the Freddie Awards.  Marriott won Americas Hotel awards for Program of the Year, Best Promotion, Best Redemption Ability, and (of course) Best Customer Service.  A very strong showing!  The 2013 Freddie Award

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2013 Freddie Awards
    erc Platinum

Yes, congratulations to Marriott, still operating, in spite of recent headaches and disappointments, an overall fine brand. The post brings to mind a movie quote, yeah sure, "wax on, wax off" would be the easy one, but another significant quote from that film was; "Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up and go home. Understand?"  And now I must depart and go rake my rock garden.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Good one, erc.  Did you just watch that movie or is that one of your favorite quotes?  Either way, it was appropriate.  I really like that "Karate Kid" movie, too.

I just got an e-mail that I wanted to share with everyone.  It made me cry because it was just so beautiful.

http://www.staged.com/video?v=NtK

YOU WILL LOVE THIS

this is an original song written by

the father of the performer.  (Jackie Evancho says her uncle wrote it, however, instead of her father.)

erc Platinum

eb

Sorry for the delay in responding, my AOL/Insiders mail just arrived via 'message in a bottle' transit.

Although I enjoyed the movie, it was my karate sensei who was the big fan, often delivering a roundhouse kick to the temple while quoting Mr. Miyagi. It apparently was literally driven into my brain!

Nice clip with Jackie Evancho, who is a joy to watch. We saw her at the National Christmas tree a few years back when she was around nine or ten - wow.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I was happy to hear that Marriott did well in the Freddies.  One thing I was surprised about was the winner of the best travel card was Southwest Airlines.  I don't really see any major perks to that card.  I'll take the Marriott Premier Card any day over the Southwest card.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...