11 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2013 10:41 AM by boldie24 RSS

Sneak Peak at next promotion?

mdphillips69 Platinum 9 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What's next after Spring MegaBonus ends in 4 days?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Sneak Peak at next promotion?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Details will be forthcoming

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I don't have specifics just yet, but they'll be published to the Exclusive News blog.

taxman415 Platinum

What is the expected date for the blog to be published... Thanks...

cjkatl Platinum

Colossal thumbs down, MR...

Earlier today, my Promotion Central page showed 45k points for 25 nights. On FlyerTalk, people are posting they were offered Cat 5 Certs for every two stays, maximum two certs. So let me get this straight, after as few as four measly nights, those people can stay two nights in a Cat 5 hotel on their bonus, but after 25 nights, I would still need to fork over an additional 5k points to do the same. How does that make sense? Why are we getting the lesser offer for six times the nights requirement? If that's supposed to make us want to stay at Marriott Hotels more often, it's an epic fail. It actually makes me want to see what other chains are offering. Obviously, Marriott is more interested in those who stay four nights a quarter than those of us who stay more frequently.

Shouldn't more nights mean a bigger bonus? Maybe 60k points? Or at least 51k??

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews

What I usually do is call the Marriott Rewards line and ask them to switch me away from the points award to the certificate rewards.  They have no problem doing that.

I agree that the promotions seem to favor those with little or no status.  It appears like Marriott is unsure or unaware of how to keep those with status loyal.  However, I am sure that those with little or no status do demand a lot more.  "I signed up 5 years ago and stayed once, what do you mean I don't get free stuff?" for example.

john14727 Platinum 1 Reviews

Is teh Unexpected Bonus promotion only offered to certain members? I cannot access the information when I am signed in.

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

Pick up the phone and call Marriott.  As stated many times in previous posts, if you know of a promotion and it is not showing in your account, they can enroll you.  Their targeting leaves something to be desired but it is easily resolved (just did myself yesterday).

john14727 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks Boldie. Just did that and was enrolled.

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

I have to say, my experience has always been a good one when speaking with someone on the phone at Marriott.  Always very helpful and many really go out of their way.  I hope that is one thing that stays at a high level.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...