2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 4:48 AM by willmoac RSS

Marriott Son Antem Resort Hotel

jf1872 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

It looks from Marriott website that the resort hotel at Son Antem has been removed from the portfolio?

Anyone know whats happening with the property?

J

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Spain
  • Re: Marriott Son Antem Resort Hotel
    fizzbang Platinum 2 Reviews

Yes we are here now - apparently Marriott wanted to acquire the hotel but the mallorcan owner not keen to sell so hotel management contract now gone to iberostar a mallorcan owned hotel group!  Based on piecing together comment sic from various people that we have chatted with.

All very strange here, hotel very quiet as check ins for villas now done at the sales showroom.  No discounts offered in the hotel at all to Marriott owners so not sure how popular the hotel will now be to villa owners. In fact the hotel just doesn't seem to feel right. Lets hope Marriott and new owners work together to maintain a great destination otherwise there will be some unhappy owners!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Son Antem Resort Hotel
      willmoac Platinum 7 Reviews

Hi Fizzbang,

I just found this out when looking at TripAdvisor, I had wondered the other day why I could not find the hotel on marriott.com. We are staying at the Son Antem as a MVCI owner on exchange from Paris.

We last stayed at MVCI Son Antem 4 years ago, the hotel & the villas all worked well together. We often had a drink at the hotels pool bar, or main bar and charged everything to the one account. I guess this has stopped now!

We also used to favour the main hotel outdoor pool, which was a cross shape from memory. Can MVCI guests still use this pool? I remember that every afternoon that the pool bar used to get busy around the time of the happy hour.

What about the Vista Verde? Is there another restaurant apart from Vista Verde? When we were there originally in 2007 we were told one of the farmhouses was going to be turned into a restaurant and when we were last there in 2009 work hadn't started.

One other thing I guess is there will be less chance to earn Marriott Rewards Points if there are less Marriott facilities on site!

Also it's not clear to me where the Spa fits into the new scheme of things.

Any information you have on the new setup would be gratefully received, we're already in the situation of having to say at Diamond Resorts Garden Largo on Mallorca for one week of our 2 weeks on Mallorca as we couldn't get 2 weeks at MVCI Club Son Antem.

Thanks,

Tony

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...