1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 11:32 AM by NathalieF RSS

Rollover nights counted toward Lifetime status?

gkeener Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm curious whether others have noticed that Rollover Elite nights appear to count toward the "nights stayed" component of Lifetime elite status.  Last year, I had 112 rollover nights above what I needed to renew Platinum.  When these nights rolled over to 2013, they moved me above the 750 nights needed for Lifetime Platinum.  I'm not complaining, but I am curious why this is allowed.  These nights already counted toward lifetime status when they were originally earned.  For them to count twice (or more, assuming that a member rolls over nights in consecutive years) serves only to dilute the exclusivity of Lifetime elite status.  Any insight/information would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rollover nights counted toward Lifetime status?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings gkeener, I have a correction for you:

Rollover Elite nights will not roll over beyond the one-year timeframe but they do NOT count towards lifetime status. When the room night is made, it is counted toward Lifetime status, but is it not ‘double counted’ or counted twice.

Message was edited by: communitymanager

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...