11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2013 5:31 AM by kharada46 RSS

Show Room Floor Plans on Marriott Website

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After returning from a recent trip and now looking for places to use reward points before May 15th, I ran across the Ritz site where at some hotels you have the ability within the "Rooms and Suites" page of the hotel website to view the room floor plans. 

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/LagunaNiguel/Rooms/Default.htm

What a great concept so a prospective guest can actually see the floor plan and possibly make a more educated guess what type of room this actually is they're seeking to reserve rather than be totally surprised when they arrive on site.  I believe this option would be very helpful when selecting an upgrade room to reserve such as a suite or larger guest room.

Do you think this is a worthy enhancement for Marriott to offer the ability to look at a room floor plan on their website? 

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Show Room Floor Plans on Marriott Website
    b.g.dixon Platinum 33 Reviews

Yes, I think having access to a floor plan map would be a great enhancement for all Marriott properties.  Here's an example, I just checked out of a Marriott hotel in Downtown Houston.  I spent a lot of time asking for a room with lots of windows so that I could enjoy an open, airy feel.  After going through two front desk agents, I finally spoke with one who had actually looked at the hotel's floor plan and personally visited most rooms; hence, she was extremely knowledgeable and allowed me to look at as many room as I needed to to make a decision, and I did; luckly, I got a room that had several good views in multiple directions with large floor-to-ceiling windows on separate walls.  Thanks for making this suggestion; it's certainly something I look for when choosing a hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Just consider it as a suggestion, and another suggestion that has simply gone by the wayside as MI continues to wave such things as baseball promotions and the latest hotel review game of which we still don't have knowledge of any winners being announced. That is unless erc has found a way to unlock the secret passage of legal issues that we've been told exist.  I digress, anyway If you don't catch some of the suggestions posted within a few minutes lately all you find is hotel review after hotel review.  Others have asked for this to not take away from real issues and discussion and we see what that has gotten us. 

So as much as I'd like the floor plans to appear on the Marriott website, don't hold your breath.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

I have to agree with you.  It's great information to know ahead of time.  For instance, on a recent stay at the Waikiki Marriott, I was offered an upgrade to a City View Jr. Suite or an Ocean View room.  I thought "wow suite!" but had I know had strange and dysfunctional the room layout is, I would have opted for the standard room with the better view.  Floor plans used to be standard on this property's page, but not anymore. 

I believe floor plans are standard information on Starwood's site, though, and they don't look like engineering sketches.  They're full color layouts that depict exactly how the room is laid out, granted it's a "general" layout and can vary. 

But again, great recommendation!  Something I'd definitely like to see implemented on the site. 

erc Platinum

Well, it's a good thing we've got kharada on board manning the dayshift watch over there in hula land* and jerrycoin grillin' up a storm in gawd-knows-who knows where each night, or I would miss half of these posts nowadays. I think this is a great idea IAH, nice work.

I think we may have also gotten a behind the scenes look at the Orwellian mindset of the Marriott Machine in that your post is Assumed Answered as in, clam up IAHFLYR, you've bugged us enough about Baseball Contests and Hotel Reviews, (I'm sure it's on your permanent record).

*although with his soon to be newlywed status, we may see less of this akamai man.

Psst erc,

He's already married, but don't tell anyone else on here.........an upcoming trip is the honeymoon so I'm sure we will have some hotel reviews to wander past once they return!!  And there's plenty on my permanent record alright, particularly with the U.S. Gov't and they probably supplement Marriott's permanent record as well.

Dang it, put up some room floor plans already.

erc Platinum

Man, now see, I even missed the biggest social news of the forum; just call me Mushroom (not to be confused with Mushroom Management, this is a family friendly forum afterall).

Congratulations kharada46.

Enjoy the photo my friend, those days are over bub, there's new royalty in town!

That's okay Mushroom, it's only been almost two months and if you're really sneaky you might be able to wish them well on their honeymoon!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

erc & IAHFLYR,

You guys crack me up!  Rest assured, I will do all I can to maintain my activity on the forum!  Marriage will not stop me  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...