16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2016 8:50 AM by trippin' RSS

Beautiful northern Michigan!

trippin' Alumni Steward Member 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As someone who has lived here for a good portion of my adult life, I am pretty much a self-described expert on all things northern Michigan.  As i'm typing this, we have 40 mile per hour winds and tonight it's going to snow.  Yes, that's right.  Snow.  It might be April 19th, but that doesn't matter here.

If you have any questions on this gorgeous, lake filled area, please let me know!  And stay away until June or so if you don't want to freeze! 

Mary

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bay Harbor, Michigan, USA Renaissance Hotels The Inn at Bay Harbor Renaissance Lake Michigan Golf Resort
  • Re: Beautiful northern Michigan!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

trippen,

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Have only been as far North in Michigan as Holland/Grand Rapids, and they are very attractive.  Would like to make it to Bay Harbor, but where would you fly into to get there, or are you better off driving from another city and enjoying seeing the sights along the way?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jerry,  I'm actually in Harbor Springs, but because we don't have a Marriott property here, it wouldn't let me choose it.

You could fly into Pellston Airport from Detroit.  Delta is the only airline.  *sigh*  It's o.k. but I'd love a choice.

If driving, you can I-75 if you want to get here fast, or take your time and see the sights by coming up the western side of the state.  Truthfully, Grand Rapids is 4 hours south of me.  I am closer to the Mackinac Bridge in God's Country! 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

trippen,

Thanks!

I really want to do that trip and enjoy Delta.

Will be flying and not driving. 

Let us know about "Special occasions" in your area, that would make it a special place at a special time!  Things like "The Tulip Festival" in Holland are especially inviting!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I am actually seeking a place for the end of August to visit that either we've not been to before, or not in a very long time and the idea of Northern Michigan just might do the trick.  As a kid I was in Mackinac Island a couple of summers so it might be time to take the wife up north and enjoy.

mishra.ankit84 Platinum 1 Reviews

Heya Trippin,

We are planning a trip down there in last week of may or first week of June(A group of 4 People). We would like to spend 3 days there and wanted to understand what all we can do and what will be the weather generally during that time of the year.

Thanks,

Ankit

Hi!  Well, weather this year isn't quite like other years.  It may be 52 degrees today but last night it went down to 29 degrees!  Our winter was heinous and the worst that I can remember.  We're camping in Mackinaw City over Memorial week-end and hoping it will warm up a bit!

Let me see what' happening in May.  Do you have your hotel reservations or a house planned yet?

Mary

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great to see you back on here trippin', stay around more.

Thanks pal!!   Super busy at work right now and pooped when I get home.  Now give me 70 degrees plus and I'm sure I'll get my energy back.  Even where it is 80 degrees in Detroit, it is only 51 here in northern Michigan.  (Might change when I get home, always warmer near Lake Michigan.)

Heya Trippin,

We are planning a trip down there in last week of may or first week of June(A group of 4 People). We would like to spend 3 days there and wanted to understand what all we can do and what will be the weather generally during that time of the year.

Thanks,

Ankit

Heya Trippin,

Thanks,

Ankit

Heya Trippin,

Thanks,

Ankit

Heya Trippin,

Thanks,

Ankit

Heya Trippin,

Thanks,

Ankit

I'm sorry I didn't see  your post!!!!  Feel horrid.   Please let me know again if you're coming here.

Here's a beautiful picture my friend took recently. petoskeypetoskey perfection.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...