11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2013 10:08 PM by fedupplt Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Nationwide Breakfast deal at Courtyard

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I really hate to keep picking on Courtyard, especially since I used to like it so, so much (well, especially "since I used to like it so, so much" is exactly why I'm picking on it so much these days), but...

I just received the most annoying email from Marriott, advertising their Nationwide Breakfast deal at Courtyard for the entire year, offer valid through Dec. 31st.  First it's not nationwide, it's only select Courtyards in select cities, and second, it's not free, it's the usual stay for breakfast rate that we've always seen, and third, who wants to stay for breakfast and have to stand in line for microwaved food or coffee at the Bistro?  Seriously, does Marriott think we're stupid?  I guess I just felt a bit insulted by that email, either that or I had entered the Twilight Zone.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Nationwide Breakfast deal at Courtyard
    buhbee4us Platinum 1 Reviews

Platinum Elite members Are offered the free breakfast coupons. I have been given them on a few separate stays with various Courtyard locations. FL.,TX.,AZ. to name a few locations. Sometimes you have to inquire about something in order to receive it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

douginmaryland Platinum

Buhbee4us

You stated "Platinum Elite members are offered free breakfast coupons..." which contradicts your final statement "Sometimes you have to inquire...."  If I am offered something then why would I inquire.  This doesn't make sense.  I am typically "offered a choice of an item from the market or extra points but I have never (in hundreds of CY stays) ever been offered a free breakfast unless it was part of a package rate (n which case it's included and not some extra perk).  Perhaps you got lucky but I have never been "offered" this......but I do think it is a very good idea if they would go to something like this (as long as they bring the free self-serve cofee/tea back too)

buhbee4us Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi Douginmaryland, seeing as I confused you with my comment on MY experience I apologise for your confusion. I was offered, fact, I shared my experience, fact. So be it. I'am just here to discuss my experiences with the Marriott corp. I'am a very satisfied customer. A few bumps in the road but "NO ONE IS PERFECT"

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This is wrong and it irritates me.  I am platinum as well and have not gotten a free breakfast at any CY that I stayed at.  I am happy that you got them but if they give them out, they should just hand them to us upon checkin even if we don't know to ask.

Buhbee4us,

Congratulations on your platinum status.  Not all of us are platinum however.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Is this the deal? Hotel Deals | Stay for Breakfast at Courtyard® Hotels Nationwide! If so, that's a hotel-specific special which is why the number of properties is limited - but I'll pass along the feedback about the naming.

CM,

Yes, the very one.  As you see, the title leaves the impression that it's all CY's nationwide.  But when you drill down, you find it's only specific CY's (in the midwest, and not all of them at that), and drill further, and find that it's not really a very exciting deal, or more to the point, anything "New" or better than what's been offered in the past (I've enjoyed much better by Courtyard and Marriott).  It's just misleading, and therefore pursuing the "offer" becomes a waste of time and an irritation, at least in my lil' ol' 2 cents opinion.  Good marketing should create and maintain excitement about a product, not lead to disappointment or irritation.  Thank you for passing along the feedback.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

r_chard Platinum 8 Reviews

I've always wondered why a Gold or Platinum level member would ever stay at a Courtyard (unless it's the only Marriott around!).  Full service Marriotts have the Exec lounge, Fairfields and RI's have the free breakfast.  What on earth does a Courtyard have to offer to an "Elite" member?

Rchard, you've answered your own question.  Additionally, weekend breakfast benefits are not created equal between golds and plats at many full service Marriotts

fedupplt Platinum 33 Reviews

I recently stayed at the Courtyard in South Boston, Ma., ASKED about complimentary breakfast for plats and was told they no longer offered it. As soon as space was available at the Holiday Inn Express, I checked out of CY and walked over to HI where I received complimentary coffee I enjoyed and more.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...