1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 4:42 PM by NathalieF Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Atlanta, GA Airport CY is a nice hotel but next time I'll check out the parking situation at FFI next door first

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Those prices are too high for me.  I came on here to complain about my experience and to "warn" people about this CY, but maybe it wouldn't be a warning except to Shoeman.  That was great, Shoe!!

In the past, I had bragged about how good the Atlanta, GA Airport CY on S. Sullivan was.  Now, I don't think I'll stay here again.  Great rate, abt. $75 for sr. rate.  I asked the CS to ask for an upgrade.  He was really nice, but there was nothing mentioned about the $8 parking rate.  They didn't charge that when we were there within the last couple of years.  Even the Airport Marriott a mile or so away has free self parking, or used to.  Things change so quickly.  Regular rate would have been $89 or $99 to add a $20 food credit.

When I walked inside, the lobby smelled like rancid grease.  It was not good at all.

The girl gave me the keys and a room number.  I asked if it was an upgrade and she said she'd see if she could find one.  She hadn't mentioned anything about the status or the welcome gift.  I asked her what kind of welcome gift I could get.  A bottle of water.  No thanks.  I'll take the points.

When I asked her why she hadn't automatically upgraded my room, she said they didn't do that.  I told her that gold and plat. elite were supposed to be upgraded.  She said, "We honor it.  We just don't offer it.".  (Interesting to know that some think like that, so always be sure to ask.)

It is a nice hotel and I was given a king suite, but next time, I'll ck. out the parking situation at FFI next door first.

BTW, the girl didn't bother telling me which entrance door would be best for my room, which she easily could have, I'm sure.  And the rancid grease smell went all the way to the back of the hotel where my room was.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
College Park, Georgia, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...