8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2008 9:35 AM by porter13 RSS

Renaissance Aruba, or better choice?

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all, I have booked a stay using points with my family (wife + 2 kids, 12 and 14) at the Renaissance Aruba, but also noted good comments about other hotels/locations throughout the Caribbean in this forum.  Did I make the right choice, or are there better options?  We like to eat and sightsee.  Thanks in advance....  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Aruba, or better choice?
    susiebee Member
    May I suggest a better option.....The Marriott Aruba Surf. This is a timeshare property. Beautiful 2 bedroom, large living area and complete kitchen with all the ammenities! We loved the river pool and activities for the children. Redweek.com is a great resource for accessing these owners and getting the travel dates you need. Have a great vacation!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

2mvcsluvit Platinum 4 Reviews

The Renaissance Aruba is a very nice location.  I don't know what type of room you booked, but when we stayed there for one night before going to our Marriott Surf Club timeshare, it was pretty small room.  If you have 4 in one room, that might be difficult, but I'd suggest calling to find out the room dimensions, etc.  There are timeshare units at the Renaissance, so I guess it's possible you booked one of those, but not sure.

As mentioned by the other response, the Surf Club (or the Ocean Club) would be a better solution for a family.  But, it is really difficult to get in there on a points stay.

As far as good food and siteseeing, I think you will like Aruba.  There are all kinds of great restaurants and plenty to explore if you are adventurous.  Aruba is by far our favorite Caribbean island because of the locals.  Great people who don't try to force you to buy their nik-naks.

Just thought of this:  I believe the Renaissance Aruba became a NO KIDS location last year.  You may want to check on the age limits.

msullivan69 Platinum
    Can anyone comment on the difference between the Marina and the other part of the Renaissance?  We're considering the adults only Marina section, but it seems to be away form everything advertised on the website.

jjcrebo Platinum

I have been here 4 times in the past few years.  Going again during Thanksgiving with my parents and kids (21 and 15).  LOVE IT.  Adult only sections for me and my wife to hit, lots for kids.

Would suggest the all inclusive - it is pricey (last year was $115 per person per day) but worth it.  Nice Italian place on the water within walking distance (as they all are).  LG Smiths is the steak house and very good (you go as often as you like).  Must be there 5 nights to do all inclusive.

Boat over to private island - food and drinks included with the all inclusive - also water sports.  Again an adult side for you and your wife if desired.  Lazy daytime activity. 

phillystayer Platinum
    We stayed at the Renaissance a few years back and had a great time.  The location downtown has a fun boat ride to the island beach.  Rooms can bit a bit small, so try to updgrade to a larger room or suite if you can.  The private island is great and we spent all day there and enjoyed the beach, snorkeling and lunch there every day.

phillystayer Platinum
    We stayed at the Renaissance a few years back and had a great time.  The location downtown has a fun boat ride to the island beach.  Rooms can bit a bit small, so try to updgrade to a larger room or suite if you can.  The private island is great and we spent all day there and enjoyed the beach, snorkeling and lunch there every day.

gaa0320 Platinum
    We own a time share at that property and go every year in march. The weather is great, there is a private beach and lots to do as you are close to the center of town. We have 2 teenagers and we all have  great time.

porter13 Platinum
    There is a lot to do in Aruba and you will have a good time.  But I would look at the Marriott Surf club instead because of the river pool and it has a better location than the Renaissance.  Also, make reservation at Flying Fishbones for arround sunset.  Ask for a table by the water it great!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...