0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2013 12:11 AM by jeffthewanderer RSS

Little League Making Memories One Season at a Time

jeffthewanderer Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I've made it to a point in my life where I have kids old enough to start playing baseball. They have gone through a couple of seasons of t-ball and are now ready to start with Little League. As I watch them throwing and catching, hitting and running, I am reminded of my own brief but successful Little League career.

I played baseball for one season. After that, I moved on to other sports, but I remember that one season very well. My team was good. We won. We won almost every game. We easily won the league championship. There were no other teams that could touch us. I could pretend that was because of me and my amazing skill, but we were good for one reason, and one reason only.

We had a kid who could pitch. His name was Jay and he could throw harder and more accurately than anyone else in the league. In fact, he could pitch better than kids 3 or 4 years older than him. Games were short and we only played once a week, so Jay was our starting pitcher in almost every game. He finished some of the games and sometimes the coaches took him out if we got too far ahead.

Sure, the rest of us were ok at playing baseball, but that trophy that I have somewhere in a box was won because of Jay. As I look back, I am happy to remember that season. I am glad that we were blessed with so many wins and with so much skill on our team. Like I said, I only played one season, but that season is a memory that will last a lifetime. I can only hope that my kids make some memories of their own as they get out there and swing the bats.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...