5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2009 1:22 AM by restmyheadl RSS

Laptops in Europe

pricechecker Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am taking a laptop to Europe for the first time--what is necessary for me to bring along to insure a quick, safe connection?  Any other hints about bringing laptops to Europe; is it worth the trouble?  What are the typical charges at hotels for connecting to internet in your room?  I will be in Spain.

• Re: Laptops in Europe
    mekaza Platinum

All you should need is an adapter for the European sockets.  Just make sure your laptop is dual voltage, which it probably is and you should be fine.

I think we saw Internet charges of about 12,50 Euro per day while we were in Spain.  Sometimes it is cheaper if you use a wireless connection in the hotel lobby. 

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

scudderatc Silver
    Agree with Mekazza.  However I have found that using internet cafe's was much easier than toting my laptop around.  They are everywhere in Europe and provide easy and instant access to whatever I need.  In addition, most of the hotels I have stayed at have had a business center that handled most needs that I have.  Bottom line, if you don't absolutely have to have your laptop for a specific reason, set up some form of "PC Anywhere" connection and pop into a cafe for an espresso and a little bit of work.  Have fun!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

uktraveller Silver
    Suggest you use internet cafe's and hotel facilities if staying up maket, a lap top is an encumberance when travelling and a pain at many airports.

pricechecker Gold
    Thank you all very much for your suggestions.   I did not take a laptop, but it was bittersweet, I found.  Most of the times that I wanted to work on the laptop were late at night in my hotel room; otherwise, it worked fine to use the internet spots.  Because I'm arranging for tours and eating with contacts in the evening, I am often not free until later in the evening after the late Spanish dinners.  :>) 

restmyheadl Platinum
    I have taken my laptop to France & Spain & Thailand and never had any problem  In fact we just got back from Marbella and the Marriott had just updated all there internet connections.  It was faster than at home and free. We were at the Timeshare in Marbella.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...