0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2013 12:19 AM by xroserobarros RSS

How Baseball became my number one sport

xroserobarros Member
Currently Being Moderated

I came to this beautiful country from South America when I was on my twenties; baseball is not a very popular game in that part of the globe like soccer is. Living in Miami I developed a passion for the Florida Marlins, going to most local games for several years, raining or not; I was at the stadium supporting my team; the celebrating of the first world series was memorable; and celebrating the second was even better. I could never imagine that with time I would love baseball more than soccer; being in the stadium cheering, celebrating a home run, bringing my family with me to the stadium (very important); eating hot dogs (like in the movies); etc is an emotion very difficult to understand by my friends in my native country when I explained to them what Baseball means to me. Only a true fan can understand the emotion of the "war" between a pitcher and a hitter, those seconds that freeze time while you see the direction of the ball; how imagination runs in your mind thinking about the conclusion of the play; every pitch counts; every play is important for the outcome of the game; etc. Unfortunately things changed on the last couple of years for me financially and some changes of players in my team that I don't go to the stadium as often as I would like; but doesn't stop me for loving baseball; doesn't matter if is on TV; or listening to the radio, or surfing the internet; or just talking to my friends or nephews; baseball had become part of my life....had become part of me....the same way Robinson became part of history for the game. Play ball.... let's the game begin.Miami

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...