2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2013 5:50 PM by profchiara RSS

Combining reservations

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a 3-night points redemption reservation at the Boscolo Venezia and a separate 1 night point redemption that I would like to combine.  When I called reservations, I was told that they do not have the capability to do this and told me that possibly the hotel could do it for me.  I am hoping that 1 night (point redemption) on either side of the reservation will become available so that if combined, will be a 5 night reservation including the 1 complimentary night.  Has anyone ever been able to combine reservations like this?  If so, have you been able to do it through reservations or did you have to contact the hotel?  Has anyone ever contacted a hotel to ask for another night on points?  Any advice or comments is welcome.  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Venice, Italy Autograph Collection Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection
  • Re: Combining reservations
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

My only experience in this involved adding a paid night to a point reservation at the Marquis in New York. I arrived with two and the front desk, who knows me all too well, had already combined them.  But that being said, I'd always call to see if the hotel knows about your situation and ask what they can do.

I was surprised as yum were that there was no way to combine two separate ones.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Combining reservations
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I would doubt it unless the hotel confirmed it -- especially since it's a free night.  I have managed to combine free stays with a paid stay without using the Marriott system (which I don't understand and seems to cost more) at the Athens Ledra, and they let me keep the same room. But that was only four nights.  If you're staying in late spring or summer, you need to confirm and keep written confirmation of this from the Boscolo Venezia because prices are high.  I somehow doubt it, but maybe that's me.  I thought it was an okay hotel, but way overpriced for its location and amenities.  So every time since I have stayed elsewhere.

Short answer: Get it in writing beforehand.

Profchiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...