4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2013 11:43 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Hand & Flowers, Marlow, England

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Chrisf, Arkwright, or SG,

Are you, or any other MRI familiar with this PUB?

It has been awarded two Michelin Stars, and it a difficult place to get a reservation.

It is 35.3 miles from County Hall, and it looks like it's about a one hour automobile ride.

May be too much to attempt, but does sound like a good place.

Was referred by The GM, of a nice place to dine in Branson, Mo tonight.  He is from Manchester, England, and spoke highly of the Hard & Flowers!

Thanks for anything that can be added to this post.  You response is appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: Hand & Flowers, Marlow, England
    sg1974 Gold

jerry,

i haven't been there. I have read a few reviews and they did vary.

if I were staying in London I wouldn't go all that wary to a place like that.

i'd visit somewhere like the hardwood arms instead, this place is very good. http://www.harwoodarms.com/

good review for you to read: http://www.andyhayler.com/show_restaurant.asp?restaurantid=743&country=UK

this fella knows his stuff, but it is his opinion.

i have been to hinds head & the royal oak and they were both very good.

http://www.hindsheadbray.com/

http://www.theroyaloakpaleystreet.com/

sg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

SG,

Thanks for the advice, and I will take it!

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Jerry,

The Hand and Flowers is certainly a very popular venue these days: reputation and M stars go hand in hand. See below:

"Special Notice: Our next availability for a table in the restaurant is:
    Friday night - December 2013
    Saturday lunch - November 2013
    Saturday night - End of December 2013
    Sunday lunch - November 2013
    Weekday lunch and dinner - July 2013
    Our next availability for our accommodation is:
    Weekdays - December 2013
    Fridays - March 2014
    Saturdays - May 2014 (Bookings open in May 2013)
    *Please note, all dates are subject to availability*
    Thank you for your continued support and we hope to welcome you to The Hand and Flowers soon"

I ate there a couple of years ago and would say it has earned all the plaudits given to it.

SG makes a good point, but one added attraction is that Marlow, and that stretch of the Thames from Maidenhead through to Henley, is particularly scenic: verdant England at its best! As to access, a car ride would take between 45 and 60 mins, provided you don't get stuck on the M4. An alternative would be to take a train from Paddington to Maidendead - about 35 mins - and then take a taxi from that station on to Marlow.

If you can't make a reservation, I'd agree with SG that a good alternative would be The Hinds Head at Bray, close to Maidenhead, owned by Heston Blumenthal, a gastropub too, and now also awarded a Michelin star. www.hindsheadbray.com/

A,

Thanks for the insight, and now I realize, this is one place that I am "Trying to do to much in one week"!

Will have to wait for another trip for this "Expedition"!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at this Pub!

Are you going to be able to make it on the 15th of May?  Would love to get together and have some laughs, like last time!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...