12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2013 9:57 PM by anadyr RSS

Graffiti in a National Park

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How sad is this?  Joshua Tree is a true desert gem.

Now the park is going to be closed.  Way to go taggers!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Joshua Tree National Park, California, USA
  • Re: Graffiti in a National Park
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

In my travels, I've come to discover that the entire world has become a canvas for graffiti.  Very sad.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Truly is, just watch a freight train--it's a veritable art gallery of bad taste painting.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Somehow or other there is a deeper problem here. I know when I was a youngster (and we all know it's not grown-ups doing the graffiti) I would NEVER have thought about or even considered doing something like that. First, my parents taught me right from wrong and second, if I forgot the 'right' part of the equation and ventured into the 'wrong'...they would have tanned my hide without the sunlight being present.

Somewhere, we've lost our way.

Like gangs, this is a sign of being 'someone' or standing out from the crowd.  Home Depot locks the aerosol paints but the graffo types still get as much as they want.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm with tef on this.  why on earth has this become an acceptable behavior?  It is defamation of property that is not yours in the very least, and at it's worst it is destruction of national treasures.  I'm afraid that we have become so pc that we allow this behavior as a way of self-expression.  sickening......

You know Shoeman1000, there have been many graffiti eradication and sting operations but none seem to make a dent. I guess the need to be noticed outweighs the need to respect property!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Who travels to National Parks with spray paint in their backpack?  Hooligans know no limits!

They should check backpacks that is for sure,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...