33 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 11:16 AM by pluto77 RSS

These Pictures Were Taken Where?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Who knows where these pictures are from?  anadyr keep quiet!

HOGRZ FAKE.JPG

IT'S FAKE 2.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
The Woodlands, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
  • Re: These Pictures Were Taken Where?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

My lips are sealed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I can be bought off, if there are any offers!

I'll buy you tickets in the cargo department of the new UA to be quiet and head to BOS.  FedEx has nothing on Slimzeks new airline, when you definitely have to be there the next day fly UA!!!

I would not even fly United for my next witness protection change of venue! I am a firm believer that service is part of customer service, something that United forgot along the way, long ago.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

This must be vineyards in CA?

I really don't know the exact location, but it looks nice.  I am guessing Sonoma Valley!

nope

anadyr,

If not California, then Italy?

I am still guessing.

Where is Jasper?

erc Platinum

Hog's Breath Inn in Carmel, where Clint and I threw back a few pints..... (Clint Evans, my baseball buddy )

erc that's the place.....just loved those paintings on the wall.  Don't mind the drinks there either.

Tourists love it, the rest of us to the Mission Inn with the real Clint.

Us tourists have to start somewhere.

We appreciate the business.  And I never mentioned Vesuvio either. Shhhh.

PS, Mr.E does not have a financial interest in the HB, BTW. Is that less than 1540, just practicing for tweets.

LOL, my lips are sealed.

Don't be sheepish, try Mission Ranch (an inside joke you'll get once you've been there).

Thanks anadyr however; sheepish doesn't sound good from the start to me!

I know we'll be out in the Bay Area sometime this year just not sure when.  We last stayed in Carmel oh maybe eight years ago and for the AT&T Pro-Am in 2009/2010 at the Monterrey Marriott so I think it's about time to return and wander about some, Mission Ranch looks like a good spot to start as any.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

IAH, trust me, you'll like the sheep.  The food and drink as well.  Mission Ranch and Vesuvio are now my two fave go to places in Carmel, thanks to Anadyr, but like he says, Shhhh.

Anadyr, do you know if that French place across the street from Little Napoli's is any good? 

pluto77 you I trust, anadyr on the other hand!!

My little travel book of places to see/eat/drink is rapidly getting too full, but that's a good thing.

Thanks all.

Hmmm, was it something I said?  Or just me being me?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Here's that view from the patio that Anadyr was referencing:

DSC02306.JPG

Anadyr, Is that the back of your head?

DSC02305.JPG

We had a very enjoyable time sitting out on the patio for a while before being seated for dinner (they do serve dinner on the patio as well.)

Our calender is filling but we're always ready for guests--no upgrades, surly service, etc.  Many feel right at home

Mission Ranch is where the wealthy Cougars (not as in Pumas) hang out, based on my experience.

Sheepsih refers to the grazers just below the Patio.  Cougars are often at the Piano Bar but this is not the endangered species kind.  My wife has to watch me and them like a hawk when we're there  At least I think she does, but I have been delusional in the past.

Those are the sheepish I thought you referring, and the place sounds like too much fun to sit back and watch from a distance.  I try to avoid the situations where I have to be watched, well come to think of it I've had to be well watched and have close adult supervision my entire life.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Cougars at the Mission Inn piano bar.....sounds like a 'Mad Men' episode ! All you need now is Donald Draper at the bar and you're there! Unless, of course, they're the 'Mrs Robinson' type !

Some are, most aren't.  And none of us is young enough ti be Benjamin anymore are we?

erc Platinum

But we're old enough to have had to followed Mr. McGuire's one word advice, "plastics" (polyethylene) for our knees, hips etc 

Yes, and to recall that scene of Benjamin on the people mover at LAX at the beginning of the film--a great visual.

IAHFLYR,

Great one!

Was there in the 70's, but did not recognize these pictures at all.  Don't remember the deck at all either.

Was a fun place to go!

Thanks!

PS, the house that was featured in the opening scenes of "Play Misty for Me," that iconic 1971 film noir with the ex Mayor as the lead.  Here's the details.  At $5.7 Million it's well within everyone's reach, especially film buffs.

erc Platinum

First line of the article asks if we want to own a piece of cinematic history.

Well, yes, I do. But after just writing a check to Uncle Sam, I had to settle for a Roberta Flack CD.

erc,

Just file an extension like our CPA does and it will all go away!  Then head over the Mission Ranch and ask the Cougars in the Piano Bar what they wrote in checks today.

I shared that privilege myself and bought a pack of Doublemint gum instead,.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...