0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 3:46 PM by brownie916 RSS

Dangerous catch

brownie916 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I'm a little girl from a small southern town in Louisiana.  We have no local major league baseball teams.  I attended my first major league game after I moved to Los Angeles to live with and work for my older sister.  I met this guy, who I eventually married, who took me to a Dodger game in LA.  He was just out of law school and not working.  Our seats were on the first row of the upper third deck.  The players looked liked ants.  My boyfriend brought his baseball mitt.  I wondered why and he told me it was to shagg foul balls.  Why would anyone want to shagg a baseball?  He said shagging is to catch a fly ball, which is different from Austin Powers' use of the term.  We'll, as you would know, a foul ball was hit high straight up over our heads.  The only problem was that it was a little too far away.  No problem, my boyfriend grabbed me by my thighs, lifted me out over the third deck railing, and attempted for me to get this $5 foul ball.  I almost died.  I'm sorry to say that I have never been to a major league baseball game since, but are still happily married, and my 4 kids all play baseball.  Go Dodgers!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...