13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2013 12:54 PM by anadyr RSS

Plans for your '13 Summer

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Based upon erc's post, Meditative Beauty and Inner Peace of Washington D.C. Cherry Blossoms, you'll notice that Spring has definitely sprung here in the mid-Atlantic. So the prospect of temperatures consistently above 50 degrees has me planning all kinds of yard work, barbeques, and fun day trips to the Eastern Shore and throughout the area!

But I'm curious, what are your plans this summer?

Danville.JPG

This was an early morning drive through Danville, VA to instruct at VIR

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Danville, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Plans for your '13 Summer
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I leave for 3-1/2 days in London's East End (possibility of a new kind of Jack the Ripper book comparing West and East Ends in the late 19th C.); late May I will be in Venice for six nights; late June Rome for six nights; and in late July Santorini.  I have to go to DC in mid-August to tape some DVDs for NowYouKnow network sales, and then will have to see if I have any time left before classes start again.

The funny thing is, once you're at a high airline level, it's often cheaper to fly to Paris or Rome from the East Coast than to Philadelphia...

Andy, why aren't there Marriotts on the Greek islands?  Is it a cultural thing by the Greek government or does Marriott not want to get involved?  There are never problems on the islands, and I know there are at least BestWesterns, though the independents are so fabulous I wouldn't even consider BW.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yeah Andy,

We need something Marriott driven on Santorini!!!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

We leave tomorrow for Boston, where our daughter is running in the Boston Marathon, on Monday (the 15th), so wish her luck.  After a week ther we head to our summer place on Cape Cod, then from there to Manhattan for some more Zagat reviewing, eating and going to Broadway Plays.

May includes a week plus in Palm Desert,

June through September will be spent in New England, on the Cape and Maine too.  Book signing for part of that time, but mostly R and R.

That's our schedule, always subject to change.

PS: Andy come out here and take another Skip Barber course at Laguna Seca--a fun thing to do, and then stay for the Concours d'Elegance at Pebble Beach.  We can match any Marriott rates!!

erc Platinum

This is John Schiffner's last year as Manager of the Chatham Anglers, so the town is going to honor him on the annual parade. Yeah, Yeah, I know,  the big Chatham muckety muck you are, you're no doubt the Grand Marshall - but take pictures, I'm in Canada and can't make it.

PS - will we have to start calling you Skunk Neck in the summer?  

Sk cover-001.jpgYes but it's Skunk's Neck, for all you Google searchers out there, or amazoners. Her's a shot of the soon to be famous sign. Massdot is bolting it down harder as we speak.

. I am a part of the 4th of July parade again, but we're not that organized to know what or where--we won for best float last year so it's gonna be a tough one to beat. 

Why not have an Insiders meeting at Veteran's Field during the season--you can buy those snacks, such as they are, and I'll pay for the tickets!

erc Platinum

For all you non Google searchers or zapposians out there, Cape Cod games are free. Always check your terms (and wallet) when dealing with an intelligence expert.

Nats win another one, putting another curly W in the books, face nuhusker's red hot and very good braves this weekend.

Good night Mrs. Calabash

Geez yo gave it away! I have been collecting from touristas for years!!!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Let's go Nats!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

anadyr best of luck to your daugher in the Boston Marathon, my neighbor is running in it as well and I'm sure she will best his time!

Where are you staying in the Boston area?

Our schedule is a complete mess at this point.

After our Cayman trip on Saturday for five days it's home for Memorial Day and some golf events as well for June.

NYC in July for a week convention for the wife, I'll play all day long and see what happens after the her events.

August will bring some trip, not sure where as yet, maybe a couple of trips.

September off to the great northwest and Portland to visit her Dad's grave over Labor Day, and that sums up our summer at this point....all subject to have trips inserted as need be by ME!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

You got it - Laguna Seca is a beautiful track and I do hope to drive it before long. Best of luck to your daughter in the marathon!

Thanks Andy--SCRAMP is the site you'll want to visit before you go.  Laguna Seca is a great venue, and famous for a loit of reasons.

Recall that James Dean was headed there, and never made it sadly, back in the day?  Highway 46, just outside Paso Robles, has a memorial to him and the road has been renamed in his honor.

erc Platinum

You're going to instruct? Wow, I'm impressed. I'm proud I don't have to go to DMV for relicensing lessons!  You'll be hanging with Joe Gibbs and the crowd and of course given Bill Marriott's love of fast cars....very shrewd career move .

This season, as twenty before this and hopefully not my last (that has many different meanings), will be another Marriott loaded travel, with an Insiders twist.

Aruba - shifting to the Marriott from Ren after their terrible phone skills in the tef disaster. Dining at Insider restaurants, Papiamento and Yemanje.

London - Ren Heathrow as a landing and then County Hall with deals and meals straight from the Insiders UK braintrust

Canada - I'm convinced I've discovered a find. The Residence Inn at Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf where I intend to read Anadyr's book, 'Anadyr' (talk about your brand marketing) and to get into the Cuban mood, smoke my Cohibas (don't tell OFAC, JayZ gave them to me) relaxing by the beautiful lake. This was a Cat. 4 (changing in May) where I booked every night, and get this - they are lakeview suites, so I didn't have to mess around with begging.

Chicago - annual trip to the daughter's and Cubbies (maybe this year, I'll let them talk me into the townhouse bleachers). SpringHill ORD, terrific property w/excellent weekend rates and of course, that breakfast, as Homer might say, "Mmmm, waffles" - blue line to downtown, sightsee, dine; red line to Addison and the game - hotel savings paying for the meals.

DC, NY overnights and ballgames, college woodbat, minors, and pros round out the summer, unless a super-duper Marriott, bring back the dead bogo arises due to panic on Democracy Blvd (yeah, I know, Fernwood - Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman).

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Let's see, it's still early, but it looks like:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...