1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 5:21 PM by profchiara RSS

Yankee Fans!

artisttraveler Gold 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I used to be a Phillies fan. Then I met the love of my life who is a Yankees fan. So guess who I root for now?

We go to several Yankees games each year, including some in Baltimore when the Yankees are there (and, of course, stay in the Marriott!).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Yankee Fans!
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Well, I can understand changing from being a Phillies fan to a Yankees' fan.  I am from Philadelphia, but despise all their teams (and most fans) except for the Flyers (where I was an usherette as a teenager).  But as someone who know considers herself from Boston, I could never accept a significant other who was a Yankees fan .  These are cultural differences that affect the whole world.

When I moved to Boston, I went to Red Sox games constantly.  I was a huge Glenn Hoffman fan (#18 shortstop 80s and 90s and more recently considered for manager), but as long as I lived in the Boston area I could go to games. In Maine I can't, and so my primary love is after the Flyers ('67 starting being a fan) and huge [alas defunct] Montréal Expos fan (saw games in both Jarry Parc and Olympic stadium), I spend all my time with the Patriots, whom I've loved since I moved from Philly to New England in 1976.  Those were the bad ole days of the Patriots, so I am no fair weather fan.  I've been through multiple stadiums, horrible QBs, and then -- one fine day in NE sitting in the house of my parish manager -- priest was there too -- Drew Bledsoe got injured...  And to the horror of them all I cheered!!! Because Drew Bledsoe, while he later showed himself to be quite classy -- did nothing for the Pats.  They brought in the last NFL draft choice of a certain year, a little known kid who was known more or less as the ball boy who got water etc for the 'real' players.

His name was Tom Brady.

ProfChiara

(Foul and Fairweather Fan)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...