0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 1:34 PM by umuva RSS

New Team

umuva Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It's 1993 and I have been a Dodger fan my whole life. My family moved from Brooklyn in 1956 and the Dodgers left soon after for Los Angeles. I live in South Florida now and we are finally getting a team: the Florida Marlins. With a bunch of friends we purchase a season ticket package. Who goes to opening Day? The schedule is not out so I get my friends to agree that if it is the Dodgers, I get to go to the openening series.. I will give up all the other National League teams. No problem getting an agreement. Schedule finally comes out and the Dodgers are here for the first three home games. Sure, I will have to miss work, but in the time honored tradition, I take a sick day. A beautiful afternoon in South Florida, seats in the upper deck behind home plate. Charlie Hough, former Dodger on the mound for the Marlins. Mixed emotions as I will become a Marlins Fan--a very difficult task over the years with all the salary dump fire sales. The Marlins won their opener, but the Dodgers came back in the series. I have my Opening Day tickets and parking passes framed and they are on the wall next to a picture of Ebbetts Field. Twenty years later I am still conflicted when they play. Loyalty and memories are hard to give up.  Went to the Marlins opener the other day. No sold out stadium; very little hope for the season. But baseball is stilll a great game to watch and think and reflect on past happy memories.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...