0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 2:28 PM by gododgerblue RSS

Baseball is Inspiring

gododgerblue Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am truly inspired by the achievements of the late great Jackie Robinson.  Mr. Robinson opened the door to baseball to non-white players and laid the foundation to the civil rights movement here in America.  I am a lifelong Los Angeles Dodgers fan, I have lived in Los Angeles since I was a little baby and the Dodgers are the greatest professional sports organization.  Walter O'Malley brought the Dodgers from Brooklyn to Los Angeles and he was the first owner to break the color barrier in Major League Baseball.  Mr. O'Malley had the foresight to recognize the great athletic abilities of Jackie Robinson regardless of his skin color.  Sports, therefore is the equalizing factor in society, no matter the color of your skin or your economic status, if you have exceptional athletic skills you will not be judged by the color of your skin. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...