2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2009 8:23 AM by mileking RSS

WANTED:An Empowered Marriott Representative...

keycasemilne Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

...to the online MR Community (in a neutral setting).

Kudos to Marriott for initiating this site however there's a discussion already underway at flyertalk.com regarding Marriott emulating Starwood and appointing an empowered representative to interface with posters on that (neutral) site.

Rather than reiterate the many points and issues raised in that discussion (at the risk of misrepresenting someone's opinion I refer you to the Flyer Talk Marriott Rewards url appearing below. (FYI - There is an appointed "Marriott Concierge" who once and again contributes to the FT MR Forum. However, what is being discussed is about having ongoing communications with a Marriott Representative who is empoered to discuss issues important to Marriott's best customers above and beyond their frequent guest program as does SPG's.)

The URL of the referenced thread is:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795774

• Re: WANTED:An Empowered Marriott Representative...
    spurfan Platinum
    There are too many "whiners" on the Flyertalk forum.  Hopefully, this forum will continue in the direction it is going, just a good place to exchange information with one another.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: WANTED:An Empowered Marriott Representative...
    mileking Silver

I have to agree with KeycaseM.  An empowered Marriott rep would be very welcome on FlyerTalk.  The fact that no Marriott rep has responded to this post or other posts with questions for over a week suggests that the lack of Marriott rep involvement is no different here than it is on FlyerTalk.  I can't understand why Marriott would go in this direction.  Just like a question posed via phone or e-mail, people expect responses within 48 hours on boards like these.  Perhaps Marriott has underestimated what is involved in successfully building a community like this.

Frankly, I'm less than impressed with the Marriott Rewards Insider site.  Finding threads on specific topics is difficult at best and there is no where I can see that lists all the threads.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...