0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 9:37 AM by nuhusker RSS

42 Story

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My favorite ball park is/was Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha.  Rosenblatt has been the site of the College World Series since 1950.  Many of the famous names we have all seen and admired in the majors made an appearance at the CWS, and some of them were drafted by MLB while playing at the CWS.  I took leave during the CWS and from 1982 to 1994, I attended every CWS game.  Although the stadium changed, the playoff format changed, and ticket prices and seating design changed over the years, the CWS still remains my all time favorite sporting event...well except for Husker football of course.  I recall buying a book of 10 general admission tickets for $5.00 (half price since I was an AKSARBEN member), so 50 cents a game, and as a GI I could take a guest in on the same ticket.  I'd show up around 2 pm and take a seat on the bleachers immediately adjacent to first base.  I'd watch batting/fielding practice for two hours scouting out all the big names and then I'd stay for the 4pm and 7pm games getting home around 11pm every night of the CWS.  I won't bore you with all the big names I saw pass thru Rosenblatt, but suffice it to say that many are HOF'ers.  But then some are dopers too.  Rosenblatt closed in 2010 and was demolished the following year.  There's a new stadium now in Omaha for CWS, but I, and my family, will always have fond memories, and a bunch of autographed baseballs, from Rosenblatt.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Omaha, Nebraska, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...