0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 1:02 PM by smdctroy RSS

China

smdctroy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was invited to visit and provide a presentation in China a few years ago.  I went and was treated very well, though they are not willing to pay US rates for our services.

Recommend if you plan to go there that you get a sponsor or someone that will arrange for and assist you with travel, contacts, and activities.

I was given a tour of the forbidden city and when I exited, there was a TV crew to interview me and ask questions regarding my knowledge of Taiwan and their forbidden city.  I think it was more of an assessment of my relationship with Taiwan, but they gave me a lot of attention. 

In China most all business is conducted based on relationships.  Their priority of decision makings seems to follow the Chi, Le, Fa path, which means relationships first, do the moral or right thing second, and Fa (French word related to law) or adhere to the law or contract as the third priority.  That would mean if you got a signature on a contract, you didn't accomplish much if you didn't also develop a long term personal relationship.

The country is very large and if you go for vacation, consider the part of the country and weather with visits to the North in the summer and to the Southern part in the winter.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...