0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 4:36 PM by mpooler RSS

Braun 2011 Grand Slam

mpooler Member
Currently Being Moderated

Growing up, I had dozens of fond memories of the Brewers playing at County Stadium. Sure, County Stadium was a dump. Fast forward to my adulthood. County Stadium was long replaced by Miller Park, heralded as one of the best ballparks in all of baseball. Despite all of its praise, I had no emotional attachment to Miller Park. Yeah, its nice, but nothing "special" ever happened there. That all changed on

September 25, 2008 when Ryan Braun hit the first Grand Slam of his MLB career. With the closely fought battle between the Pirates and Brewers going into extra innings, the game remained tied on the 10th inning.  With the bases loaded, he delivered a 2-out, 2–2 pitch from the Pirates' Jesse Chavez into the left field bleachers in the bottom of the 10th inning, winning the game 5–1, and keeping the Brewers' 2008 post-season hopes alive. Three days later, Braun helped put the Brewers into the post-season for the first time since 1982, by hitting a go-ahead 2-run homer in the bottom of the 8th against the Chicago Cubs. The homer was the difference in the game, which gave the Brewers a one-game lead over the New York Mets for the NL wild card. Now, Miller Park has become "special."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...