0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 3:54 PM by umassfen RSS

First time with America's Pastime

umassfen Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Growing up in Boston, I was, naturally, a Red Sox fan. My first trip to Fenway was an experience I'll never forget. It was back in the 80's, when walk-up tickets were still possible to get. One Sunday afternoon, my dad decided to take me out to the game. Arriving at the park, we were headed to the ticket windows when an elderly couple stopped us and asked if it was just the two of us going to the game. When my dad indicated it was, they gave us two tickets. They had a set of four box seats in the 4th row, just behind first base and were there alone. They decided to bring a bit of joy into the lives of perfect strangers. That experience, more than any other, exemplifies all that is good and right about sport in this country. A young boy, at his first ever professional game, is granted the gift of better seats than he would otherwise ever have had in an act of kindness from a stranger.

I have no clue who that couple was. I never saw them again. I will never forget their generosity.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...