0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 2:38 PM by justmehere RSS

My First Trip to a Pro Baseball Game

justmehere Silver
Currently Being Moderated

When I was a kid, I lived about 2.5 hours from the original home of the Detroit Tiger's.  Back then I used to watch the games with my Grandfather.  It was always a special time.

During my 8th summer, my Dad and Grandfather decided to treat me to a surprise.  We had to get up early one day, and piled into the car.  I didn't know where we were going, and it seemed like a long ride, but they had packed some food for the ride, so it wasn't to bad.

I had never been to Detroit, but I did recognize the signs, and as we got nearer, I began to suspect where we were going.  Sure enough we had tickets to the Tigers.  We sat in the bleachers, and it was a magical day.  I had no idea how big the ball park really was until I saw it for the first time.

Sadly, my Grandfather who had been a life long fan passed in 1984 before the Tigers went all the way, but my Dad and I watched the World Series win on TV and cherished his memory, and that special day.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...