0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 1:49 PM by willyb123 RSS

1995 ALDS

willyb123 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Being a Mariners fan has not been easy for me.  So many years of high expectations that ended in disappointed.  That all changed for me during game 5 of the ALDS.  A two run double in the bottom of the 11th by Edgar Martinez cemented my love for the game.  I look back at that game and the rosters for both sides and it truly is a Hall of Fame cast.

I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to attend this game with my dad.  Back in 1980 he took me to my first Mariners game and I have been a fan ever since.  I have great memories of both the Kind Dome and Safeco.  During those times I have also had some very sad moments like in 2008 when they had $100 million dollar payroll and lost 101 games.  2010 there was a lot of heartbreak as well due to the M's losing over 100 game for the second time in two years.  My dad would always say, "oh, well there is always next year".

No dad!  I am tired of you saying that.  Your "Next Year" always ends in disappointment.  I wanted to be a San Francisco Giants fan but you would not make the 1000 mile drive.  Have you followed baseball over the last ten years!  The Giants have won the World Series while the M's, well they just keep losing.  Why Dad?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...