0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 1:41 PM by anadyr RSS

Cherry Blossoms

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Back in the last century I twice ran the 10 mile Cherry Blossom Race, which took us ten miles (metrics had not been invented then I suppose) through the various monuments in Washington DC. At the time I was a (semi-) serious runner and this was my attempt at super cardio exercise.  Running as a prep at the POAC (now the PAC) when I could, and that was not that often with my work schedule,  I was ready for anything, except bugs and humidity--both of which were in full force that day in year one and year two - the times that I ran it.image0.jpg

Jim Fixx was in the one race, and easily the leader. Here are my two patches--the tee shirt has apparently shrunk a tad and is now used for car washing.

Now, my main exercise is jumping to conclusions, although our daughter is running in the Boston Marathon, to be held next Monday, April 15th, 2013. She's done about ten others (ten more than me). This will be number eleven.

We wish her well and will be there at both 'heartbreak hill' and hopefully the finish line.

At least one of us takes exercise seriously!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...