0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 10:40 AM by jgrace21 RSS

The day I caught a ball #42Story

jgrace21 Member
Currently Being Moderated

It was the summer of 2012 and my friends and I were at Citizens Bank Park to watch the Phillies take on the New York Mets. We had great seats in right center field, 2 rows off of the wall and bordering the Phillies bullpen. Granted, I had never caught a fall ball, home run ball or been tossed a ball by a player coming off of the field.

Inning 2 was highlighted by Chase Utley smashing a homer to right center field, about 6 rows away from us. Shoot! Just out of reach. Fast forward to the end of the game, Jonathan Papelbon is warming up in the bullpen, but the Phils are up 6-1, so he does not need to come in and save the game. We're getting up to leave and I shout to Jonathan, "can I have the ball?". He tosses it to me, I eagerly catch it and the rest is history. I get home and give the ball to my girlfriend, who is from Boston and was a huge Papelbon fan.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...