2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 10:58 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Staying in May for 2 nights at Marriott Champs Elysee Paris any Do's and Don'ts

JEP Gold
Currently Being Moderated

This is our first trip to Paris. We are staying two nights thenboarding a cruise in Amsterdam. Any thoughts as to how to maximize our time in Paris. Also what should I being requesting as a Gold Status MR client

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Staying in May for 2 nights at Marriott Champs Elysee Paris any Do's and Don'ts
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

To maximize your time in Paris, I might suggest the hop on/hop off bus, as two days is very little time to enjoy the city. L'Open Tour bus will provide you with a great overview and is equipped with an audio guide.  If the bus is crowded (no seats on top), be patient and stand at the top of the stairs and kindly wait for a passenger to debark, availing a seat to you.  You can catch one of the busses right on Champs-Elysees near the hotel.  You can purchase a ticket from the driver.  A two day pass is only about 1 or 2 euro more than the one day pass.  You can get on and off as you desire, but be mindful of the time table (last stop is around 7pm, depending on where you are.  The green line, the grand tour takes about 2 hours and is a great way to get an overview of the city.

Paris - Accueil L'OpenTour

For the short time period that you will be there, may I suggest

• the Eiffel Tower or a climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe for a nice view - Home Page
    • the Louvre - you can do a group guided tour in less than 2 hours for a nice overview - Louvre Museum Official Website Take Metro line 1 (yellow) from Franklin Roosevelt station (short walk from hotel) to Musee du Louvre station.  You can buy your Louvre tickets underground at the Louvre and save yourself a long line.
    • and either Notre Dame or Sacre Coeur
    • Metro Map - Plan Interactif des transports en Ile-de-France

There is some nice dining right on the Champs-Elysees, but I enjoy dining on Rue Marbeuf, across the Champs-Elysees from the hotel.  Chez Andre, Le Relais d'Entrecote, Chez Clement Marbeuf, and also a couple of good Italian restaurants on the right side of the street near the end of Rue Marbeuf are good.

Enjoy your trip.

As far as elite benefits, if you are a cash customer, you might garner a room upgrade.  In my experience, points customers with little exception, will only receive a room upgrade with cash.  Because you're going in May however, I would not place high hopes on it.  Do ask however.  You may get lucky.  You are entitled to a free cold buffet breakfast.  A hot upgrade can be added for 8€.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Staying in May for 2 nights at Marriott Champs Elysee Paris any Do's and Don'ts
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

JEP,

pluto has given you great suggestions!

Don't forget to take in Notre Dame Cathedral on the bus!

Lastly, try to take in Monmartre, if you can, it is a pleasant place to visit!

Have a great trip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...