0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 12:27 PM by pointscollector RSS

The Chicken

pointscollector Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Growing up in the 80s one of the biggest stars of baseball (well, at least one of the biggest stars that wasn't a player...) was the San Diego Chicken. If you aren't familiar with The Chicken he is a whimsical mascot that comes out and does funny acts and tricks at all sorts of sporting events, but baseball was the main sport he attended. I was living in Louisville, KY at the time. We didn't have a major league team but we did have the AAA Cardinals team the Louisville Redbirds. During one summer The Chicken made an appearance at one of the Redbirds games. I was so excited to go and see The Chicken. I don't really even remember what happened during the game, but I do remember that after the game you could wait in line to get The Chicken's autograph. I remember standing with my parents in a VERY long line for what seemed like hours. I didn't have a Chicken picture or trading card but my dad gave me one of his business cards to get the autograph on. When I got to the front of the line to meet The Chicken he took the card, signed it, and gave it back to me. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it is still funny to this day to see that business card that just says "Chicken" on it written with a Sharpie. I guess that's what you get when you want a Chicken to sign an autograph for you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...