3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2016 10:14 AM by yalebulldog99 RSS

Inconsistent posting of bonus points after check-in, how to follow-up?

bmvaughn Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So I've been staying at the Burbank Airport Marriott property pretty regularly this year - typically every other week. Every 2nd or 3rd stay the check-in clerk tells me that I've been picked as Guest of the Day and hands me a welcome envelope from the location manager and tells me that 5,000 points will be deposited in my account.

Maybe I'm just an impatient guy, but each time that I've been awarded this, I've never seen the points post within 5 days of completing my stay and each time I've had to reach out to Marriott via Twitter to figure out how to get them to post.

So should I be waiting longer? Following-up at check-in? Is there a better way to get these to reliably post? I stayed there last Wed-Fri and was given the same Guest of the Day packet - yet no bonus points have yet posted.

I feel so new to all of this, just not sure where to go - but those 5,000 points are worth something to me and I don't want to just ignore them.

Brendan

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Burbank, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
  • Re: Inconsistent posting of bonus points after check-in, how to follow-up?
    stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

Threre is no science to this, as its a manual thing the hotel needs to do to get the points to you, as its not part of your rez. When I have things like this, it takes about 2-3 weeks, since it seems like they need to email into HQ to get the points into your account and the property has to pay HQ for these points, so there is often a lag. Not a great reason, but the bookkeeping onvloved seems to be the culprit. Anyone else have info to share here?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Inconsistent posting of bonus points after check-in, how to follow-up?
    bmvaughn Gold 1 Reviews

I've just resulted to emailing HQ if they don't post with the invoice. More work, a headache for sure, but until they start posting regularly I'm going to keep making it manual for them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...