0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 12:15 PM by pointscollector RSS

Growing up with baseball

pointscollector Silver
Currently Being Moderated

When I was growing up in the early 80s baseball was woven into my life. My dad always had lots of baseball memorabilia around (cards, balls, uniforms, pennants, etc.) and we even had most of our basement dedicated to a sort of "baseball room" with all these sort of things hung on the walls, displayed in bookcases, etc. Baseball seemed like such an important subject to me because it along with just a few other things seemed like one of the most important things in life. I remember many times watching baseball games on TV with my dad. Back then there weren't 500 channels of TV to watch so it almost seemed like baseball games were even bigger because a whole channel (out of maybe 4 or 5) would be dedicated to the game each night. I remember watching Don Mattingly, Darryl Strawberry, Dale Murphy, and Wade Boggs. Later on I played t-ball for several years. Even to this day I can always think back to my childhood and realize how much fun it was growing up with baseball around.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...