5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 10:29 AM by vaboywnder RSS

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway question?

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I'm transiting through Atlanta ( Hartfield Jackson International Airport ATL) on the way to Grand Cayman via Delta Airlines. I have a short layover of 10 hours in Atlanta staying at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway. I see they have a train from the airport to the hotel, just wondering if there are any pointers getting from the airport to the Hotel. Plus I am departing ATL the next morning from the new ATL international terminal, does the train stop there as well.

With such a short turn in ATL I dont want to spend alot of time wandering the airport...LOL!!!

Thanx for the help....

JD

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway question?
    trippin' Alumni Steward Member 3 Reviews

The Airport Marriott Gateway is directly outside the airport, reached by the same rail (elevated Sky Train) that would take you to the rental car center. That makes it really easy and really fast to get here and to get back to the airport.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

By the way, Grand Cayman is one of my favorite destinations.  I love 7 mile beach!!!  Where are you staying?

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

thanx trippin, thats good to know...um in Grand Cayman I usually stay at the Grand Cayman Marriott on 7 mile beach. The staff are fantastic however the hotel which is a Cat-7 ( currently) would be a Cat 3-4 in any other location. In drastic need of some updating, however the location on 7-mile beach makes up for the lacking of the hotel-resort facility itself.

JD

We had looked there when we stayed a few years ago but it was full.  We stayed at the Sunshine Suites Hotel and I loved it although it wasn't on the beach but across the street. (The only bummer)

I love Grand Cayman, it's one of my favorite places!  Mary

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

jamesdean,

trippin is correct you would want to take the Skytrain to get to the Marriott Gateway Hotel.  After you get to the baggage claim area follow the signage for Rental Cars which will lead you to the Skytrain.  The first stop on the train will put you at the hotel.  The second stop takes you to the Rental Car Center.    You may not have time but if you are interested you can access other parts Atlanta via the MARTA (subway) which is located near the baggage claim as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...